~6~ Make Him Pay ~6~

Start from the beginning

He always avoided taking photos- hell, the man could barely hold a camera properly!
And when we met he said he hoped I didn't recognise his looks... and the way he always dresses fancy...

Could he be insecure in his looks?

He shouldn't be.

"Al, you are the most handsome man I've ever known."
I surprised him with this statement.
He wasn't sure how to react.

"...right after my father, of course."
I tried to make it less awkward.
I don't know if it was working.

Alastor looked away before I could take a good look at his expression.
"Weeeeee were heading over there!"
He announced, awkwardly pointing at the distance.

...
I am so mad at my past self.
The wrong pieces clicked, I should've came up with an entirely different conclusion.

...Alastor wanted to minimise his visual presence as much as possible, in case the police already started piecing a criminal profile.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I stood up from bed after a night of staring at my ceiling with the determination to finally finish with my article. It was practically done- just a few final re-reads needed before finding a way to publish it.

I also had a huge headache from drinking yesterday.
I should really stop doing that.

One day I drink and get a headache, the other I drink and get acquainted with a murderer...

After freshening up and dressing, I opened my balcony to let some air in my room, only to immediately double-back.

"WHAT."

"Ah, good morning, dear!"
Alastor was comfortably sitting there, drinking coffee.
"Would you like to join me?"

This one. Out of all the balconies he could choose to teleport to. This one.

"Sure, whatever."
I rolled my eyes.
There's no way I'd be able to force him out because of our deal, but at least I can get some much-needed coffee.

I looked at his mug.
"'Oh deer?' At least you are embracing it."

Alastor didn't like that comment, as the radio static intensified for a second.

It wasn't the original quote, though.
My father exclaimed an innocent 'oh, THERE!' that fateful day.

"How's your article been going?"
He decided to question.

"It’s good, mostly done."

"You should remember that I am going to renew my broadcasts today. Have you thought about joining me?"

I hesitated.
There's so much nostalgia wrapped in our broadcasting experience.

This won't help the fact I am scared that I'm beginning to like him a bit too much.
Well, I've always felt that.

But just because I'm dead, it doesn't mean I'm willing to forget what he'd done.

I'll find a way to make him pay.

"Well?"

"Oh- um, you see..."

BOOM!

The entire building shook from the force of a hit, and a giant floating machine flew towards the hotel.

"Get down to safety, NOW."
Alastor ordered me.
I- I didn't expect him to be so protective.

Still, I stood up and ran inside, ignoring the warmth I felt inside.
I booked it downstairs, noticing a giant hole in the wall. Charlie, Vaggie, Niffty and Angel dust stepped outside, so I joined them.

"FACE MY WRATH!"

"Who are you?"
Alastor teased, still sitting comfortably in the balcony.

"Who am I? Who am I?! I am the great Ssssssir Pentiousssss!"
Exclaimed the snake in the machine.
"Inventor, architect of dessstruction, villain exxxxtraordinaire!"

Some of my view was suddenly blocked as Alastor teleported in front of me.

"Ha, well if all that's true, you'd think I'd have heard of you."

"...I attacked you literally lassst week."

The radio demon tilted his head to the side. It was hard to tell if he was just being annoying or genuinely didn't remember him.

"...We've done battle, like... 20 timessss."

"Well, you must have been REALLY bad at this."

I held back a smile.
I tried not to admire his attitude in times of danger, as small as the danger probably is to him.

"SSSSILENCE! Now COWER! For when I've ssslain you, the ALMIGHTY VEES will finally acknowledge me asss their equal!"

"Ooh! ...Wait, who are the Vees?"
Niffty hopped onto Alastor, and he wasn't irritated by it in the slightest.
That's swee- NO IT'S NOT. PULL YOURSELF TOGETHER, Y/N!

"Oh, nobody important."
Alastor brushed it off and proceeded to laugh maniacally as he took Sir Pentious down.

I would've been disgusted by how he found this fun, but my mind was in a different place.

Nobody important, huh?
The ALMIGHTY Vees?
Who are they...?

Have I heard of any... well, Angel Dust complains in the bar about how much of an ass his boss, Val, is, but I'm not that sure that it's him. Still don't get why Angel dust doesn't quit.

V... V... OH! VOX! THE TELEVISION OVERLORD!
...oh, obviously, they must be enemies.

"Thanks for another FORGETTABLE experience."
Alastor ridiculed the defeated snake.

"Thank... you... FOR LETTING YOUR GUARD DOWN!"
He tore a piece off his suit.
Obviously, the overlord retaliated.
What did he think would happen?

"Well, it looks as though I need a visit to the tailor! Best of luck, chums."

"Wait, you're LEAVING?! Alastor! We need your help! We need you to do your job."
Vaggie insisted.

"We need a wall."
Angel dust stated the obvious.

"Of course! Can't let my new project fall into disrepair already. What would the PAPERS say?!"

He smiled at me, trying to hint something.
I smiled too, but I didn't mean what he thought I meant.

Alastor went on his marry way, leaving his summond workers to do the job.
I, on the other hand, went out into the city without anyone at the hotel noticing.

Oh, Al. You wouldn't expect THAT now, would you?