Chapter 26: Medal of Honor

Ruby's POV:

Ruby: Medal of Honor what's that?

Y/n: It's the highest medal that US service member can get but they go beyond the call of duty.

Ozpin: How many have received the Medal of Honor?

Y/n: 3,525 have received the Medal of Honor the first was in March 25, 1863 to September 5, 2023. But a lot of them die heroic in combat.

Summer: Has anyone have received more than one before?

Y/n: Yes mom there have been 19 servicemen who have received two Medal of Honor.

Blake: When did you get yours?

Y/n: In the war in Afghanistan there is 21 Medal of Honor recipients, that included me.

Ren: How did you get the Medal of Honor?

3rd POV:

Y/n started to tell his story.

Y/n: Back in 2014 I was still in the Rangers. We were responding to a distress call from a 16 men SEAL team in Kuh-e Bandaka mountain in Afghanistan. The SEAL team had taken some fire when we got off the CH-47 Chinook. we were told that they had five men up a head that were being pinned down by high enemy fire and by four dug in bunkers. So me and a small fire team went up there to get the SEALS out. When we got to them one of the SEALS was KIA another one was in critical condition and the other three had gunshot or shrapnel wounds.

Blackboard: Wait, are you saying?

Y/n: Yep.

Blackboard: I'm a idiot for not seeing it.

Maverick: What is it Blackboard?

Blackboard: Y/n is the one who saved my SEAL team and my life.

Hearing this shocked everyone in the room.

Valkyrie: How didn't you recognized Y/n when he joined Rainbow?

Blackboard: At the time I was losing blood and all I heard was his first name from one of the other rangers yelling his name as he was running towards the enemy position.

Pyrrha: What happened next?

Y/n: Like Blackboard said I headed to the enemies position to take out the bunkers. When I was close enough but out of the machine gunner's line of sight that is when I started to fire grenades from my M320 grenade launcher into the machine gun bunker ports. I moved from one bunker to the next taking out whatever enemy fighters I encountered from riflemen and RPG teams. After taking out the last bunker I heard over the radio that the LZ was taking heavy mortar fire. I saw smoke and the flashes from the mortar being fired I started to run over there. When I close enough without being seen I tossed a hand grenade into their position after the explosion I moved in and finished them.

Tai: Did you head back to the LZ?

Y/n: I was, but I heard someone screaming and heading towards me. It was a Taliban fighter with a s vest on.

Kali (RWBY): S vest?

Y/n: It's a suicide vest that has explosives and what ever metal that they put in it but it is usually ball bearings.

Willow: Why would someone have one on?

Y/n: They don't care if they die as long they kill a American or one of their allies. Anyways like I was saying I saw him running towards me so I shot him in the head killing him. But the vest still went off due to him having a dead man switch. From the experience I caught some of the ball bearings in the lower part of my right side but that the time I didn't feel it due to my adrenaline was high and luckily the rest went in to the ground. Then I feel a sharp prick in my left side.