Chapter 2

A few years passed, and Lucian and Izza were now married with their first son born to them. Izza was trying to cook dinner in the kitchen when she heard a loud crash coming from the living room. She rushed over to the living room to see Lucian standing over their son, who was crying on the floor. Lucian had just hit the young boy over the head with the television remote. Izza looks at Lucian with shock and horror. "What are you doing, Lucian? Why would you do that?!" she asks. Lucian looks up at Izza.

Lucian looks at Izza with anger, "The kid won't shut up. I had to do something." Izza looks at Lucian with disbelief and disappointment, "You didn't have to hit him! He's just a child! What's wrong with you, Lucian? How could you do something like that?!" Lucian grabs Izza and throws her to the ground, "Don't question me on what I do to that kid. He doesn't even listen to me unless he's afraid of me."

Izza tries to free herself from Lucian grip, "Let go of me, Lucian. I can't believe you, you're so violent." Lucian tightens his grip, "Don't you think you've done enough questioning on what a man should do to his child? I'm the man here, not you. So I'll decide how to raise that kid, and if that means hitting him then so be it. Now stop being such a pain and go back to the kitchen."

Izza looks at Lucian, "How can you be so cruel to an innocent child? He doesn't even know any better. Why don't you just teach him to be a better son instead of hitting him, Lucian? How could you do that to our own child?"

Lucian pushes Izza back down onto the floor, "Look, I told you already. You don't get to question how I raise our son. And you shouldn't be questioning how I treat my own family." Lucian bends down, grabbing Izza by her hair, "Now go back to the kitchen and cook me dinner like a good wife. And don't ever tell me how to treat my son again."

Izza is in shock and pain as Lucian pulls on her hair. She looks up at him with tears in her eyes, "You're not being a good father. You're hitting a child. What's wrong with you, Lucian?" Lucian ignores Izza's question and pushes her towards the kitchen, "I'm not asking again. Cook me dinner and keep your mouth shut."

Izza gets up slowly from the floor, her eyes still teary from Lucian's violent behavior. Lucian watches her go, then turns back to his son in the living room. He kneels down to him, "Hey buddy, are you okay? Mommy's gonna go cook us dinner. Why don't you go talk to her?" Lucian's son looks up at Lucian in fear, his eyes filled with tears. Lucian smirks, "Oh come on, don't cry. You have me around to protect you. Now, go talk to your mom." Lucian's son slowly nods, afraid to speak.

A few hours later, dinner is prepared and everyone has sat down to eat. Raiq is staring down at his food, not wanting to eat. Izza looks at him with sadness and concern, "Why aren't you eating, baby? Don't you like the food?" Lucian cuts in, "He's just being difficult." Lucian looks back at his son, "It's not that hard to eat, is it buddy?" Raiq still doesn't reply, and Lucian's impatience grows. He looks at Izza, "Make him eat. Give him a taste of what happens when he doesn't behave."

Izza watches Lucian turn back to their son and she can see the fear and worry in his eyes. She looks at Lucian, "I don't understand why he has to behave a certain way. Why do you treat him that way? He's just a child." Lucian glares back at Izza, "I don't care how you think he should be treated. This is not your son, and you will not tell me how to raise him. Make him eat now." Izza looks back at her son and forces a kind smile, "You have to eat, sweetie. Daddy got you food."

Raiq reluctantly takes a few bites, and Izza thinks it's good enough, "See, he ate some of it. That's good, right?" Lucian shakes his head, "No, it's not good enough." Lucian turns to their son, "You haven't even eaten half of what I gave you. Eat up." Lucian looks at Izza, "Now do something, or I will have to. I'm not waiting for you to get off your ass." Izza looks at Lucian, "What do you mean?" Lucian looks at Izza angrily, "Make him eat. Now."