Yesterday Again

"I'm losing altitude." said Carter as he was trying something new for Ms. Fairweather. "Engine's in red line."

"You've got to decrease your fuel pressure." Ms. Fairweather tells Carter. "Your temperature is rising too fast."

"Got it." said Carter. He flips several switches but nothing happens. "It's not working." said Carter.

"I'm losing control! I'm going down!" said Carter as he spiraled out of control. "I've got to ejected." Soon as he ejects, Carter lands on what seems to be a cloud.

"Man, that was intense." said Carter, as the simulation ended and then turns to Joel. "You make it look so easy to fly."

"Simulations can seem pretty darn real." said Joel. "Don't worry, you'll get the hang of it."

"Tomorrow you've gotta fly the real mobile armored vehicle." said Ms. Fairweather. "Are you gonna be ready for it?"

"He'll be ready." said Joel as Carter looks at him. "Come on."

"So...is Carter ready for his first real flight?" Chad asked Joel.

"Flying that thing's gonna to be a handful." said Joel. "But he's ready."

Just then, Carter walks into the galley. "Hey Ace!" Joel called out. "Over here."

"Morning." said Carter as he sits down and Dana looks up from the paper.

"Okay, here's a good one." said Dana. "Why did the hot dog put on the sweater?"

"Why?" asked Carter, waiting for the punchline.

"Because it was a chili dog." Dana tells them and starts laughing. The boys didn't laugh at her joke. "Oh....I thought it was funny."

"Good one, Dana." said Jade, her voice was muffled as she came in with her nose plugged up by a washcloth. "I liked it."

"Jade, what happened?" asked Chad as Dana lifts up the washcloth and takes a closer look at her nose.

"A word to wise....never scare someone from behind. Otherwise you get elbowed in the stomach and punched in the face." said Jade as Dana takes her by the hand and rinses out the blood from the washcloth before placing it back on her nose. "I got suckered punch on accident when I tried to scare her. I'll be okay but man, she punches hard."

"Hi guys." said Kelsey, standing in the galley doorway.

"Hey, what's up? Hey Kelsey!" said the others. As she skates in, Kelsey bumps into one of the cooks, knocking over a tray he was carrying.

"Now that's funny." said Joel as oatmeal spills all over the cook's shoes.

"Sorry." said Kelsey as he places a towel in her hands.

"Come on. You're going to earn your wings." Joel said to Carter, motions to Jade and the three of them walked around the yellow ranger. "Sorry, Kelsey. Duty calls."

"Here, let me give you a hand." said Chad as he and Dana helped her clean it up.

"We'll check out all the flight systems, power, navigation, weapons maneuvers. Then return to the base." said Ms. Fairweather.

"Just go easy until you get the hang of it." said Joel.

"All right." said Carter. He then walks over to the mobile vehicle as it goes down the lift. "Lightspeed Rescue! Everything looks good. Let's do it."

"Launch procedure initiated." said Ms. Fairweather, bringing the program online.

"All systems operational." said Carter.