SMILEY STICKER

Chapter 22: Blooms of Hope

In the quiet confines of the hospital room, Sunoo stirred awake, finding himself alone. The absence of Yeram and Jungwon left a void, but his attention was drawn to a vibrant bouquet of tulips gracing the bedside table.

Picking up the card nestled among the flowers, Sunoo read the note with a smile forming on his lips.

"Good morning, Sunoo. Please wait for me. I'll come back; I just have to fix something."

A smiley sticker adorned the side, a small but meaningful gesture that warmed Sunoo's heart. The tulips, his favorite, stood as a testament to a thoughtful presence that lingered even in their absence.

As Sunoo admired the flowers, the doctor entered the room, bringing reassurance with his words.

"Oh, you're awake now, Sunoo. I'm glad you're feeling a bit better. You don't have to worry anymore; things will get better soon."

Sunoo's smile widened, the promise of improvement casting a ray of hope on his weakened spirit. The doctor left, leaving Sunoo in quiet anticipation.

Before long, the door creaked open, and Jungwon entered the room, a smile playing on his lips. Without hesitation, he approached Sunoo and enveloped him in a warm hug.

"I'm here, Sunoo. Things will get better; you won't have to face this alone."

In that embrace, amidst the tulips and the echoes of a journey filled with challenges, Sunoo found solace in the presence of a friend who was willing to weather the storm alongside him. The hospital room, a haven of recovery, held the promise of healing and the blossoming of a friendship that had endured the tests of unspoken complexities.