𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐉𝐔𝐍𝐆𝐋𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐘 𝐉𝐔𝐍𝐆𝐋𝐄...

"So what's the big deal with this guy anyways?" Dick asked, "I mean why the sudden interest"

The fourteen year old hovered behind my shoulder, tossing a ball at the old fashioned decorated wall, catching it every time it returned only to repeat the process.

The soft singing of the Gotham city radio filled one of many Wayne Manors' living rooms. It was set to one of Alfreds favourite channels, not that the old man was in the room, we had just grown accustom to his music. Besides, I enjoyed it, and wasn't quite sure if Gothams radio played anything other than something a little off putting. It was rare to find a nice channel that hadn't been hijacked.

"I don't understand why he has GCPD files if he's based in Central City" I told him, finally getting my hair to stay in place. I hadn't flat ironed it today, which meant it was back to its normal curls. Curls were hard to control, they were unpredictable, I never liked them.

I grabbed Arthur Lights file and closed it, deciding that was enough for today, "Either way, he's locked up. I was just curious"

"about a closed case?" Dick stopped throwing his ball and looked at me skeptically.

"yes" I nodded, returning the file to the side table of the couch I sat on.

I glanced back at Robin over my shoulder, he stared at me with that same curious gaze but didn't question me further. I grabbed the TV remote and changed the channel over and over.

I clicked to the first channel.

'Newman!'

"nah" said Dick, jumping over the couch back onto the spot beside me.

'd'oh!'

"no" he shook his head. I rolled my eyes and changed it a third time.

'a dream is a wish-'

"nuh uh"

"Jesus, kid" I shook my head.

Dick tried to yank the remote, "you're just not good at this, lemme try!"

I tugged it back, "what do you mean not good? Its channel surfing!"

"just give it!"

We both had a firm grip on the remote, pulling until suddenly the channel changed again.

'...has turned this annual charity event into a hostage crisis-'

"ooh" Dicks eyes widened, I leant forward and listened in.

'a handful of off-duty GCPD officers try their best to cordon off the Bristol Country Club, where periodic gunfire-'

Before we listened anymore we were running out of the room and past Alfred, the tv remote left behind along with our previous spat.

We sprinted down to the cave, changing into our costumes quickly before running to our bikes. I tapped the side of my mask, my world around me being lit up with a slight blue haze as the tech turned on.

We started up our bikes and before we knew it, we were out of there. Within five minutes and a speed that should've gotten us arrested, we were parked in the lot of the charity event. Multiple news reporters and on-duty officers already there. But they weren't who we were looking for.

"you two got here quick" The dark knight spoke from behind us as we shut off our bikes.

I took off my helmet as I got off, "so did you"

"it helps when you we're already here" He filled me in.

Dick piped up as we walked towards the building, "YOU were at a masquerade?"