𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐊𝐄𝐒

"You're so fluffy"

Dick smiled as he pet wolf, his grin growing as the wolf gave him affection.

He was starting to get some memories back which was good, but I still worried.

Billy sat on the couch next to me, furrowing his eyebrows as he did his homework. I looked over and read what he was on.

"Hey you're improving" I pointed out, "that's good"

"Yeah" he shrugged and took a sip out of his juice box, "but I wanna train"

"We can train when you're done this page"

He smiled and returned to his math, determined to get it over with.

"Can you remind me who he is again...?" Dick asked sheepishly, embarrassed that he couldn't remember.

"This is Billy, he's actually Captain Marvel."

"But he's a kid"

"The gods gave him powers, the same ones that Diana comes from" I explained carefully, hoping he would make the connection.

"Right" Dick nodded, "ok" he returned to petting Wolf happily.

"You're gonna be ok when we go to train?" I asked.

He nodded, "Ms M is gonna watch me and try to help out"

I smiled, "good"

M'gann had been doing some mental work with Dick though she couldn't do a lot because he barely remembered her, so his trust wasn't generously handed out.

"Done!" Billy cheered, I looked over his work to see it was all correct.

I smiled proudly, "alright kid let's go"

I led him to the training circle and it lit up. I turned to the boy who looked at my happily.

"In battle, you can loose a lot, including your powers. You need to learn how to win the fight without them, which is why you're with me"

"No powers" Billy pointed out.

I nodded, "that part helps. But powers aren't everything, I'm one of the best fighters on my team without them"

"I still think you should join the league" he pouted, "it would be better with you"

I laughed quietly, "yeah well, I'm needed here"

"I know I know" Billy sighed, "now teach me how to kick some but"

~~~

A couple hours of training had gone by, and Billy was going pretty well.

I decided to take a short break but he was on a sugar high so I set up an obstacle course for him to run through until he got tired.

Roy sat with me, not speaking for the first few moments.

"He's good, you're a good teacher"

"Thanks" I smiled and looked down, noticing his bag I glanced back up at him. "Roy-"

"I have to leave Rory" he stopped me.

"No you don't" I said, "why can't you let us help"

"I need to be on my own. I need to figure out who I am...I know you don't want to talk about it but-"

"No-"

"I'm not Roy."

I sighed and looked away, tears threatening to fall.

"It doesn't feel real, my life wasn't real"

"It was real for me" I sniffed, "You're my Roy."

"I still am, I still always will be your guy's...but one day I won't be Roy anymore, and once I know who I am it'll all be worth it"