𝐈 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐊 𝐈𝐕𝐄 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐒𝐎𝐍𝐆 𝐁𝐄𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐄

Life is like a game of chess.

Structured by layers of power, sacrifices of the weakest links. Every move you make, has consequences; positive or negative.

Everything you do must be carefully thought out, or you could be risking something much more later on.

However, with the right choices, you can successfully take down the king.

I watched the bank robbers quietly, waiting in the shadows as my team surrounded the area.

Well, not as much my team as part of it.

Kaldur was off showing a couple of his Atlantean friends around the surface. Raquel, Artemis and Zatanna had been dragged along on a girl trip with M'gann which I may have purposely avoided by pulling the team leader card.

And last but not least, Conner was living out his country dreams on Kent Farms right now.

That left a team of four. Myself, Robin, Wondergirl, and Kidflash.

"Guys those are totally some massive guns!" Gars small voice spoke through the comms.

Oh yeah, I was also simultaneously babysitting. However I'm the last to promote child endangerment, I had him wait in the ship which was parked far away.

He was currently watching through the live feed on Dick, Wally, and I's masks.

I looked at the goons he was talking about, who currently kept watch on the building. We had detected an immense energy surge coming from it, an amount that was almost unnatural.

I nodded a little, "yes Gar" I said patiently, "dont tell M'gann about this and I'll buy you anything you want"

I watched as Robin took one out stealthy and Wally put another in a chokehold, covering his mouth.

Donna wasn't very good at stealth, but she was here...somewhere.

"You dont offer to buy me anything I want" Wally complained into the radio and I rolled my eyes.

"Because you dont let me buy you stuff" I point out as I took out another goon.

"Oh right, cause I'm a gentleman. Gar, never let the lady pay" Wally states

"Noted" Gar said happily.

"Ok, Gar stay hidden you got that?" I ask the young boy, who agreed with ease.

"Alright. Wondergirl on my mark..." I prepared, but didn't get to finish.

A small metal ball rolled into the bank, the robbers didn't seem to be aware of it. It opened with a few beeps, gaining their attention as they walked over to it.

It should have exploded, but instead just let out a weak puff of air.

"...was that one of ours?" Donna asked through the comm.

"No" I said simply.

There was a loud bang, two people entering. One seemed to be a man in a red and white costume, the other a girl in white and blue.

They took down the robbers to the best of their ability. I watched in confusion. They couldn't have been pros, they didn't seem trained.

They missed a robber, who aimed a gun at the guy.

"KF, armed shooter."

"On it beautiful"

I watched as he ran, the blur of his suit scaring the robbers and the two mystery people.

"Robin, stealth, Wondergirl wait for my signal"

Dick and I both jumped down between two goons, taking them out quietly, we continued to do so until we were noticed.