𝐈𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐔𝐒

"Hands at ten two"

"I know Alfred"

"Only one foot."

"I'm aware"

"Please don't speed"

I sighed and looked at the older man who was like a grandfather to me.

"Why would I speed?"

"Because you do in the Bat-mobile" Bruce commented from the backseat.

"Ok well that's when the city is in trouble, this is a matter of me getting us to work" I explained before making sure I was following Alfreds rules before he lectured me for not.

"Ok. Just drive us to work and we'll be ok" my adoptive father instructed.

I sighed and nodded as I began driving through the busy streets of Gotham.

It was early in the morning, late enough that others were headed to their own work but just in time to beat morning rush hour traffic.

I drove the car carefully. I had driven before but I figured I should get more practice in since I'm taking my test on my birthday.

I was home for a while, just for a day or two before going back to visiting Dick who was getting better but still wasn't doing the best.

Eventually we reached Wayne Enterprises and I parked in Bruces designated spot, parking and shutting off the car before looking at both men with a smile on my face.

"So?"

"Adequate" Bruce stated as he got out, hiding a smirk from me.

"Adequate?" I asked, "just adequate?"

Alfred smiled as he got out as well and I followed, "you did good. I believe Master Bruce is attempting to 'poke the bear'. Personally I think some validation could do you some good"

"It would feel good" I mumbled before running to catch up with Bruce before beginning a long day of work.

~~~

I sat in the meeting with a room full of adults. I had been working all day and this was the last thing I had to do.

I felt out of place, sure everyone was nice but that was probably only because I was Bruce's daughter. Not to mention it's been made quite clear that I'll be taking over when I'm older.

I watched as a man, Mr Russo spoke, attempting to promote an idea to everyone.

The idea was to instal a dam in between Finger River and Miller Harbour that was placed between Down and Mid town of Gotham.
Then use the electricity generated from it to power Wayne Towers.

It wasn't a terrible idea, but it just seemed like such a selfish act.

"If I may" I interrupted, all eyes landed on me.

"Yes go ahead Miss Wayne" Russo told me, raising a hand in my direction.

"It's Grayson" I corrected before I smiled and continued, "I just want to make sure I'm understanding correctly. All this energy will go directly to separate Wayne buildings, all over Gotham. No where else?"

He nodded proudly, assuming I was with him on this, "that would be correct"

"Instead of distributing it to places in need around the city? Like the children's homes or homeless shelters? Did you really come to a company who's main goal is assisting others with an idea that would only benefit themselves?" I switched tones quickly and Russo looked at me in shock.