𝐒𝐖𝐄𝐄𝐓 𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐌𝐒

I woke up randomly in the middle of the night. I wasn't sure why but I felt as if someone was watching me. Thoughts of the owls filled my head and I couldn't shake them away.

I made an attempt to sit up but something held me down. I lowered my gaze to see Wallys arms wrapped around me. I smiled slightly before continuing to look around.

His window was open now and the curtain blew in the soft breeze. Only thing is I'm pretty sure it was closed when we fell asleep.

After that I couldn't fall asleep. I laid there for what felt like hours, but I couldn't.

'I could go on patrol? That always helps' I thought that myself, 'though we're in Central City so I'm not sure how productive that'll be'

I sat up straighter, unintentionally waking up my boyfriend as he began to move.

"What 're you doin'?" He mumbled into my hair.

"Can't sleep" I whispered, "don't worry, go back to sleep"

He shook his head no and sat up straighter, "let's do something then"

"You need sleep"

"I'll survive. Wanna go out?"

I thought about it before nodding.

And that's how we ended up on a random city rooftop at 2AM.

"Thank you" I smiled as I rested my head on his shoulder.

"Of course, I wasn't just gonna leave you to stay up" he told me.

Suddenly the noise of sirens filled the air as a car chase sped past us.

We smiled at each other before both running off to follow the vehicles, him on the road and me using my grapple.

Eventually the car was cornered. I jumped down from the air and landed gracefully beside Wally who watched the car intently.

The police dogs present starting going crazy, barking loudly towards the vehicle.

Everyone watched, waiting for something to happen, when the door quickly opened and someone ran out.

They we're fast, not Flash or KidFlash fast, but way above average.

"I'll go after them" Wally told me quickly, "search the car and find out what's happening with the dogs"

I nodded in affirmation as he ran down the ally which the criminal had before.

I checked the front seat to see the keys were gone so I had to reach behind to open up the back doors. While a couple cops searched the seats, I picked open the trunk.

When I opened it, there was a suspiciously large amount of weapons, a bottle of gasoline, various cat fluids, and matches.

Still curious about the rest of the car, I popped open the hood and walked towards it. I didn't even notice the police dogs going crazy and pulling their holders away from the vehicle.

The moment I opened it, the entire thing exploded, sending all of us flying back.

I flew into a wall and rubbed my head which had hit it, forcing myself to stay awake.

I got up and was in the process of making sure everyone around was ok when we all heard a loud gunshot from the direction the criminal ran it

The direction Wally ran it.

We all froze for a moment, then sounded two more.

Without thinking, I ran in the direction of the shooting even though multiple people told me not to.