𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓

"So how often does this happen?" Donna asked, sitting on the end of my hospital bed.

Mostly everyone had gone to school so the only ones in the cave were Dick, Donna, Kaldur and I. The three of us staying in the med bay to supervise my brother. I lucky, had gotten away with minimal injuries, just a few burns and I had to be put on oxygen for a few hours.

My brother wasn't so lucky and hadn't woken up yet.

"We normally end up with less injuries" Kaldur said, "Rory has become our medic so we don't really need to spend time in here cause she does it on the flight home. Though she occasionally puts us on bed rest"

"What do you do in your spare time?" She asked more.

"You are a very curious person, Donna Troy" I smiled as I shifted through some records.

I was glad I was able to get up now. I had finally been able to change into some comfier clothes, I opted for a simple black crop top and grey sweatpants.

"Yeah well, five years away from humanity does that to you"

"Right" I nodded, trying to pick but struggling. Kaldur picked up on it.

"Ziggy Stardust" He said without even looking up from the guitar he cleaned, "I like that one"

I smiled and got the vinyl out, placing it on the player as five years by David Bowie filled the room.

"You're music people?"

"We're everything people" I shrugged, "you have a lot of free time sitting around for adults to give you directions so you take on anything thrown at you"

She looked confused, "why do you listen to the adults? You go by their world like its the bible"

Kaldur looked at her, "we're loyal. It was a choice"

I thought about it, "there's no other choice for some of us"

"So your whole lives are going to be to be spent taking orders?"

The Atlantean answered, "The league will eventually let us join them...Lorelei already got the offer"

"Why didn't you take it?"

I paused and thought about it, the music intensified as I did so.

"If I had taken that job, I would've been treated as more of a child then I am now" I said honesty, the paid looked at me confused. "Right now I have some of their respect, they see me as a leader yet they're still the boss of me. If I take my place with them I lose my leader status, I would be the only minor on the league, and I would be bossed around even more because I don't have the privilege of being in charge of anything".

I glanced at them and continued, "it's not that I need control, it's that I know people agree with me when I say I don't always agree with the league and I cant sit here without standing up for them."

I finished my rant.

"I thought you just weren't ready for the responsibility" Kaldur recalled, "in reality you've been holding back because you want to stand up for what you believe in"

"It's probably not the best trait." I shrugged, "I've made a lot of enemies standing up like that."

"Good" He said, "I might not have the same perspective as you but I still stand by your side in battle"

I smiled and shoved his shoulder before sitting down besides Donna, "Kaldurs a softie" I told her.

"You're some of the most loyal people I've met" She said honestly, "respect."
She laid her head in my lap and I began putting tiny braids in her hair.