𝐀𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐄

Dick and I had just finished patrolling the city together. It took him about a month but he finally had most of his memories back, I'd have to fill him in on details every once in a while but he was doing good.

We split up as he went to find Zee and I went to the kitchen.

"Hey Ace"

I narrowed my eyebrows in confusion and looked up at Wally who stood behind me now.

I watched as Conner and Kaldur were currently trying to learn various different card games with M'gann. It was fun to teach her new things whenever she would be curious about them. From time to time Conner or Kaldur would tag along if they didn't know much about it.

For example, Conner found a random interest in astronomy. And Kaldur wanted to try more 'land foods' so I helped him with that. We may or may not have convinced Dick when we were younger that he doesn't eat fish because it was considered disrespectful in Atlantis. This obviously wasn't true but Kaldur, Roy, and I do our best to make sure he doesn't find out to this day.

"Ace?" I questioned,

He nodded simply.

"...like the dog?"

His eyes widened as he shook his head, "No no. Like Gilmore Girls. Because...Rory and Rory"

I smiled at the gesture, "well thank you."

"What's Gilmore Girls?" M'gann asked.

I looked back at her, "its a TV show" I thought for a moment, "it's my Hello Megan"

"Ohh" The Martian hummed, "cool. Gold fish"

"It's actually go fish" I corrected politely, "cause you have to go fish for your next card"

"Kaldur should be better at this then" Conner remarked.

"Still better than you" Kaldur replied.

"How's school going?" I asked the martian.

"Great!" M'gann said happily, "we have a game on Friday after school and we get to go to another city for it"'

I paused for a second, "what school are you playing"

"Gotham Academy"

"Oh really? Well actually-"

I was cut off by all the power in the cave shutting off immediately.

I paused for a moment and waited for my eyes to adjust to the darkness. I panicked internally as I remembered my dream from a month before that has reoccured twice.

"...what just happened?" Conned questioned.

"The power went out, but the backups should be on" I stated, "hey computer?"

I waited for a bit before asking again, "computer?"
Nothing.

"Fun" Wally joked.

"Not really" M'gann replied, not picking up on the sarcasm. "We can't see"

"Stay calm" Kaldur said.

"Just follow my footsteps and we'll find the others" I stated.

It was still extremely dark. But thanks to Bruce's training, Dick and I had trained our senses for situations like this.

The hall was a pretty echoey place, so I snapped my fingers and listened to pick up on where we were.

"Are you...literally using echolocation right now?" Wally asked, but I shushed him for breaking my concentration.

Suddenly, I bumped into someone. Judging by the shocked noise, I could tell it was Artemis.

"Dove?" She asked, I nodded but soon felt stupid as I realized she probably couldn't see.