❄️35.A chaotic day in Bali❄️

Y/n's POV

There comes a time when your spirit feels worn out and just wants a break. It longs to be free from all the ties of the world and the pain they bring. It's like standing on the edge of a steep valley. One step back, and I'd be back in that dark place I barely escaped from. For me, one foot is still in that darkness, but the other is by my children's beds, reminding me of why I keep going.

Why?

Why he has to be here? It was one of my hauntingly beautiful nightmare, that could kill me but dying was so effing worth it.

I can still feel his hands resting on the curves of my waist, his gaze penetrating deep into my soul. The sunlight gently caresses his face, making him appear like a mirage in the vast desert of my existence, leaving me longing and parched for more.

I haven't even come close to moving on from him. In fact, I'd consider it an achievement just to be on the path toward beginning to move forward.

The image of his swollen eyes is etched into the walls of my mind. I could swear I saw tears gathering in his eyes for the brief moments I was held in his embrace. But why was he crying? He was obviously not here for me; he was just passing through, on some trip, as far as I can recall.

It has been a few hours since I was back from the hospital, after a drip of IV and a prescription of Amlodipine.

I couldn't bring myself to step outside. I admit, I was acting like a total coward. What if I ran into him? What would I do? What would I even say? So, I've been holed up in my room for the past few hours, consumed by dread at the thought of facing him. My beautiful yet agonizing past feels like a knife, slowly and painfully peeling away layers of my being.

The day when everything fell apart played out in my mind like a movie, causing my blood to run cold. Every phrase and word exchanged during that time made my skin crawl with discomfort. Yes, I admit I'm a pathetic mess for still holding onto hope for him, but I refuse to let him see that. Pretending is my shield. It's just a matter of a few days, and then we'll both go back to our separate lives.

My train of thought was abruptly interrupted by a shrill cry. It was Jiah, wailing her heart out, calling for me. With a heavy sigh, I finally sat up, wiped away the solitary tear that had escaped, and stared at myself in the mirror.I guess what they say is true: what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

Namjoon POV

It was four in the noon and we seven were as clueless as Alan Garner in The Hangovers. I know this was not the time to make 'Filmonic comparison', especially with Y/n in there lying lifeless for the whole morning and Noon but hey! We were feeling too many things at the Fu*kin same time.