▒112▒ 🔸 Shadows of the Past - 19 🔸

Start from the beginning

The vibrant colors of the flowers in the garden turned dull and lifeless, the sweet scent of the blooming blossoms now feeling oppressive and heavy. The gentle breeze that once brought comfort now felt like a cold, biting wind, chilling her to the bone.

Tears welled up in Anisha's eyes, her chest tightening with anguish and despair. The reality of Izana's impending execution was too much to bear, and she felt a crushing weight of helplessness and desperation.

She hurried back to her chambers, her mind racing with thoughts and emotions. She needed to see Izana.

"How could they do this? How could they accuse Izana of such terrible things?"

Anisha whispered to herself, her voice trembling with emotion.

"Why didn't anyone tell me anything?"

The palace, which symbolizes a sanctuary of luxury and comfort, always felt like a prison to Anisha.

And today, the palace seems to echo with the haunting whispers of betrayal and injustice. Every shadow, every whisper seemed to taunt Anisha, fueling her even more.

The walls of the palace seemed to close in on her as she walked, the once-familiar surroundings now filled with suspicion and doubt. Every sound, every whisper felt like a dagger to her heart, reminding her of the harsh reality she now faced.

[Back to prison]

The sound of footsteps echoed through the corridor. Both Lucas and Izana tensed, listening intently as the footsteps grew louder. As the footsteps approached their cells, a familiar face appeared.

"Anisha???"
Izana muttered in disbelief.

Anisha stood there, her eyes filled with anguish and concern.

Izana's eyes widened, a mixture of shock and concern on his face.

"Why did you come here?"
he whispered, his face serious..

"More than that, how did you get here?"
Lucas exclaimed in disbelief.

"The guards are all outside, and security was tight today since the execution is this morning.."
Izana talked in a hushed voice, he gasped as the word 'execution' crossed his mind.

Seeing Anisha's tear-streaked face, Izana's heart sank. He took a deep breath, trying to force a smile for her, but his lips quivered, and no smile came.

He moved closer to the cold, iron bars, reaching out to gently wipe away Anisha's tears.

"Don't cry, Anisha.."
he said softly, his voice filled with emotion.

"How? How could they do this? How dare they! I'll kill them, I'll kill them all.."
Anisha muttered in anguish, her voice echoing eerily in the stone chamber.

"Relax, Ann,"
Izana began, trying to calm her.

"How could you tell me to relax??"
Anisha's voice cracked with frustration.

"No, I..."
Izana tried to talk,

"You don't have to worry, I'll talk to Edger. You just wait for me,"
Anisha interrupted, her voice trembling with determination.

"Relax, Ann, hey... look at me... focus! Breathe..."
Izana attempted to soothe her.

"No!!" Anisha cried out, her voice filled with despair.

"Anisha... It's alright,"
Izana said softly, concern etched on his face.

Unable to contain her emotions, Anisha reached through the bars and smacked Izana's head in frustration..

"It's Alright?? Don't you dare say that!! Nothing is right.. No! I can't let this happen... no, no, no..."

Her voice trailed off into a desperate whisper.

Even in this dire moment, Izana's concern for Anisha remained paramount. He searched for ways to calm her, fearing that her anxiety attacks might resurface. He remembered the countless times he had helped her through these attacks before, and the thought of not being there for her now weighed heavily on his heart..
A civil war is bound to happen, what will this innocent girl do then?

Anisha, her chest heaving with emotion, tried to regain her composure. The cold, damp air of the dungeon seemed to press in on her, intensifying her feelings of despair and helplessness. The weight of the impending doom hanging over Izana made it hard for her to think clearly.

"I can't just stand by and do nothing,"
Anisha whispered, wiping her tears with the back of her hand.
"There has to be a way to save the both of you.."

Izana, still trying to ease Anisha's anxiety, took a deep breath, his own emotions threatening to overwhelm him.

Lucas, who had been silently observing the exchange, finally spoke up.
"..but Your Majesty, how did you manage to get down here without the guards noticing?"

Anisha hesitated for a moment, then whispered,
"Leah helped me, my nanny.. She used some scented candle to make the guards unconscious for a moment. She's watching out for us now."

Izana looked at her with a mix of admiration and concern.

"You risked so much to be here."
Lucas said softly.

"We had little time. And I had to meet Izana.."
Anisha said, her voice firming with resolve.
"Well, We tried to find the key, but the guards didn't have it.. Leah is still searching for it.."

"Hey, hold on, why the key? We are not gonna escape from here.. No way.."
Lucas frowned.

"Why not? You will get executed a few hours later!! There is no time to find evidence now!"
Anisha gushed in anger.

"So? That doesn't mean I'll escape from here and prove them right that I'm indeed a traitor."
Lucas talked back..

"Do you have any better plan then?"
Anisha clenched her teeth.

"Guys calm down, there's no point arguing.. "

Izana's calm voice broke their argument.

"We need to find a way to prove your innocence before it's too late."

⬛◾▫️◾▫️◾▫️◾▫️◾◽▪️◽▪️◽▪️◽▪️◽⬜

A/N : What do you think will happen next?
Can Anisha clear their name and prove their innocence?

And Don't Forget To VOTE!!