S2: Bio

Mason: You ready to meet the team?

Mason asked dressed in his new Nomad uniform next to him was Dick in his Nightwing suit. Jason smiled brightly dressed as Robin. He felt amazing. Jason felt like he was magic. Jason looked up at Mason and Dick and smiled brightly.

Jason: Duh! Just don't get too jealous when they like me better.

Jason laughed and rushed in ahead of them. Mason and Dick laughed following him in. Jason was so happy. He would be an amazing addition to the team.

Mason: Jason, Please. Please stay with me.

Mason's voice was broken. How could he have been this stupid? Jason coughed blood sputtering from his mouth. He looked up at Mason and Dick.

Jason: Are...is Tula okay?

Jason asked weakly as Mason rushed him to the hospital. Jason's hair was matted and wet with blood, his suit and mask were torn, and his chest heaved with every painful breath. Damn it. This was all his fault.

Dick: Y-Yeah Jay, she...she's okay.

Dick said choking back tears.

Mason: You saved them.

He said moving faster.

Jason: Mason...Dick...I'm not feeling too hot. I...I think I'm going to go to sleep now.

Mason: Jason! Jason NO! Stay awake. Eyes on me little brother!

Jason: Did I do good...?

Jason mumbled his eyes closing slightly.

Mason: Jason! Dammit Jason!

He cried as he felt the body of his friend, his younger brother, go limp in his arms as Jason went to sleep. Mason and Dick watched Jason's chest stop moving, the pain filled noises that escaped the young boy's lips stopped.

And instead the young Robin simply stopped moving altogether. His lips slightly parted, his eyes still covered by the torn domino mask but no doubt falling gray and flat. Jason was dead and it was all their fault.

Dick: Jason, we're so sorry.

Dick cried into the dead boy's chest. They had killed their brother. Mason is now shown curled into his room. It had been a month. A month since he had made Jason leader of the team. Leader of the team on the mission that ended his life. It was supposed to be an easy mission.

They would get information and be back. Why didn't he think they would need more people? God he was so stupid! There was a soft knock on the door. Mason flinched softly.

Mason: Go away.

He croaked as the door swished open revealing his girlfriend Artemis and his roommate Wally. Mason looked up at them with contempt.

Mason: Artemis...Wally...

Artemis: You haven't left your room since he died. Everyone is worried for you.

She said walking into her boyfriend's room. The three had left the team about a week after Jason had joined but Mason was roped back in to help Dick lead the new generation and be an active member of the Justice League.

But now he resigned and quit being a mentor. Now two years later Artemis and Wally had no idea that they would have to come and comfort Mason, all because the young Jason Todd had died.

Mason/ I let him die. It was entirely my fault.

He said looking away from Artemis. The older blonde head looked at Mason and sat down beside him.