Disordered

Mount Justice; October 23rd, 17:21 EDT
-

M'gann stirs her bowl of mix silently, while Kaldur leans against the counter behind her, Wally slumps at one of the chairs, Artemis leans against the back of one of the chairs, Mason leans against the wall his head down looking at the first time in this book a pair of dogtags but his face showed bags underneath his eyes, and Robin sits on the couch. All of them silent and stuck inside their own heads.

In the Training Room, Red Tornado, Martian Manhunter, and Captain Marvel watch over the teens worriedly on the screens. They all turn an ear as they hear the Zeta Tube activate.

Recognize:

Batman; 0-2

Batman: "How are they?"

Martian Manhunter; "I am still shaken by what you and I have wrought. One can only imagine what these youths fair."

Manhunter says gesturing to the HoloScreens that they're watching the Team on.

Batman: "I know our virtual reality training simulation went badly,"

He at least has the decency to look down as he thoroughly understates it.

Batman: "but I'd hoped the Team would've rallied by now."

Manhunter looks surprised, while Captain Marvel looks annoyed with Batman.

Martian Manhunter: "Trauma tends to linger, as I know you know, my friend."

Batman shrinks under his friend's words before looking up with a curious raise in his cowl.

Batman: "Black Canary?"

Martian Manhunter: "She has her work cut out for her."

Black Canary sits in one green chair across from Conner in his own green chair, she keeps her gaze on him while he looks down at his feet.

Black Canary: "I can only imagine how devastating it was losing your friends, in essence, your family convinced all the time it was completely real."

She says, her voice wavering a little as she calls the Team his family, but what is noticeable is that Conner's hands clench into fists when she reminds him that he only thought it was real.

Black Canary: "I'm sure it must have been horrible for you."

She waits a moment, seeing if he'll respond.

Black Canary: "I understand. You're Superboy. You're not supposed to have feelings of sadness or vulnerability."

Conner stands up immediately, hands clenched at his sides as he looks down at her.

Conner: "You don't know what I feel."

He then walks out. She doesn't try to follow him out, simply calling out to him.

Black Canary: "Conner!"

As the sliding doors open Conner shouts over his shoulder.

Conner: "Just leave me alone!"

She sits back in her chair, a worried look on her face. One of the motorcycles kicks into gear, Conner lining himself up with one of the many closed doors of the Mountain.

Conner: "Red Tornado, hangar door."

He says as he pulls out a helmet. Before he could put it on, Sphere gets in his way. Wolf walking behind him.

Conner: "Sphere, out of the way!"

Sphere revs as Wolf sits at Conner's left, both watching intently as Sphere shifts into a more tricked out and Extraterrestrial version of the motorcycle he's currently standing over. Conner and Wolf stare in disbelief, but they both climb on. As Conner drives Sphere up the ramp the Cycle takes off into the air pulling a shocked, but excited "Whoa!" from the teen. Batman runs to the open door, watching as Conner takes off. Bringing his hand to his cowl.