Humanity

Teton County; October 10th, 04:23 MDT
-

In a lab completely isolated from those around them, a scientist speaks to two familiar robots; Red Torpedo and Red Inferno. A scientist's voice speaks up from the center of the lab.

Morrow: "When the prodigal son returned, his father saw him,"

A dirty blonde with green eyes shines a light into Red Torpedo's eye as someone else continues to speak.

Morrow: "and had compassion and ran and embraced him."

The man speaking is a raven, greying, in a lab coat.

Morrow: "For this, his son was lost, and is found."

He leverages something smoothly mechanical that his green eyes go maniac.

Morrow: "You are the prodigal son, Tornado and I rejoice at your return"

A cylinder releases pressure as he stops leaning over his worktable, setting his tool aside.

Morrow: "and thank you for making our little family reunion possible."

Something small, black replaces his tool he points it at the table with his right hand, and it makes a light buzzing noise as he turns it on.

Morrow: "Now, you must have many questions."

He answers himself.

Morrow: "No?"

He covers his mouth, not in compassion but dramatism.

Morrow: "Oh! How could I forget? Your voice box is offline. But your eyes and ears still function perfectly,"

Behind Tornado's black lens his camera moves to follow the movement of the approaching man.

Morrow: "as does the prodigious mind I built for you all those years ago."

Finally, he crouches down to be level with Tornado's face, leaning on the table that Tornado is sitting on.

Morrow: "And really, what else matters?"

Or rather the one Tornado's body is splayed out on. His head is tied to two wires that keep it on the "pillow" of the table only two wires continue down to his neck.

His chest plate is open to reveal his golden core, steel ribcage, and spine. His pelvis and legs are still together but are fully separated from his core. Both shoulder sockets have a few wires splaying from them while one of his arms hangs from a claw.
.
.
.
.
.
.

============================================================

Mount Justice; October 10th, 16:58 EDT
-

Shazam: "Pineapple juice?"

Captain Marvel offers a glass with a paper umbrella to a relaxing Wally. His right arm now casted, as he sits in a reclining chair and all his technology right at his elbow.

Wally: "Ahh! Just what the doctor ordered."

The speedster says appreciatively after a long drink.

Shazam: "How's the arm doing, Wally?"

Wally: "Well, nothing wrong that nachos can't cure."

He isn't subtle in his motives, leaning back on his chair as the sounds of his teammates practicing can be heard from the center of the room.