Cold-Hearted

Central City; November 11th, 07:16 CST
-

An alarm blares. Wally, sleeping on his stomach, doesn't even raise his head as his hand searching for the alarm button. As his hand hits the button, half the number is covered by dirty laundry. He groans, then rolls over letting out a loud yawn. His eyes snap open.

Wally: Hey! Sweet 16!

He rockets into a sitting position, dancing a little as he sings in his head.

Wally: 'That's right, it's my birthday. Arm's all better. Got my cast off too. He looks out his window, smiling brightly. And it's snowing? Cool! This is gonna be a good day.'

Downstairs, his mom makes a large stack of French Toast before bringing it to the table and placing it in front of Wally.

Mary: Happy birthday, Wally.

Wally: Oh, my favorite breakfast! Heaping piles of everything!

There are large bowls of sausages, deviled eggs, and hashbrowns as well as plates of bacon and waffles and a large container of Orange Juice. Along with a metal container of Syrup.

Wally: Thanks, Mom.

Wally reaches out with his fork grabbing a sausage and a French Toast slice and digging in. Rudy chuckles.

Rudy: You know, if you ever come up for air, I can take you to the DMV to get your driver's license after school. This weather will be a good proving ground.

He then sets down his newspaper. Wally hums, grabbing an egg with his fork.

Wally: Not really in a big rush to drive, Dad. 'Cause, you know, I'm me.

Wally says nonchalantly. Rudy gives a short single laugh.

Rudy: You certainly are.

Wally: Plus, the Team's throwing me a big surprise party this afternoon at the Cave.

Wally informs, then takes a large drink of orange juice as he grabs another slice of toast. Then pouring syrup on the toast.

Rudy: In school today, ask your teacher the definition of "surprise".

Wally spreads butter over the slices of bacon he has on top of a fried egg on a waffle.

Wally: You want surprised? Just watch Miss Martian's expression when I collect my birthday kiss. And win the bet against Red, Robin, Kaldur and Speedy!
-
*Ding*
A/N: The bet was before the events of Young Justice. The big 5 which is what I'm calling them; made a bet saying whoever gets a kiss or a girlfriend before then end of the year wins $20 from each sidekick. So far Mason has it in the bag.
-
*Ding*
A/N: The Big 5 consists of: Red Robin, Robin, Aqualad, Kid Flash, and Speedy, now back to our regular schedule program.
*Ding*
-
He stacks a second waffle on top to turn it into a sandwich. Kissing the waffle sandwich and letting out a short laugh. Mary turns on the TV.

Mary: Well, I have a surprise for you. Or at least your Aunt Iris does.

On the GBS News Channel Iris sits in the main chair.

Iris: And a special shout-out to my nephew Wally wishing him a very happy 16th birthday.

Wally: So cool!

Iris: Now for school closures. The following schools have declared today a snow day: Dubuc Elementary, Spisak Junior High, Central City High, Keystone High,

Wally: Oh, yes! 'Could life get any sweeter?'

Outside a car screeches as the back wheels slide out for a moment. Above the dark, snow-filled clouds, the sun shines bright, but also there's a large machine floating over the clouds pouring snow from every angle.
.
.
.
.
.
.