CHAPTER FIFTY-FIVE

JUST LEAVE. LEAVE NOW!

Kathleen's mind raced as she stood there, her heart pounding like a drum inside her chest. The uneasiness that had been building inside her seemed to reach its peak in that moment, and she couldn't help but feel a sense of dread wash over her.

Charles, please," Kathleen pleaded, her voice laced with both fear and desperation. "I've told you about Lana's condition and whereabouts. Just leave. Leave now!"

But Charles disregarded her plea, slowly advancing towards Kathleen, who instinctively moved back, trying to put some distance between them. However, her retreat only seemed to fuel Charles' anger further. The frustration in his voice was palpable as he bellowed, "I don't understand why you keep on treating me like this, Kathleen!"

Tears welled up in Kathleen's eyes as she struggled to find the right words to convey her pain. "It's not about how I treat you, Charles," she choked out. "Just leave okay".

Charles scoffed, his face twisted with disbelief. "You want me to leave? Why?... Just why?" He angrily throws a chair blocking him from getting to her.

Her voice trembled with a mix of pain and frustration as she retorted, "there's no need to get angry Charles okay... Just leave okay"

Charles slammed his fists onto the nearby table, sending another chair crashing onto the floor. The sound echoed through the bakery, reverberating with the weight of their conflicting emotions. He was visibly shaking, his face turning red with anger.