CHAPTER FIFTY

I'LL GO WITH MY MOMMY

The happy atmosphere didn't seem to last long though, as the atmosphere in the hospital room suddenly became tense as the words lingered in the air. The argument between Kathleen and Charles had escalated quickly, each of them standing firmly in their respective positions. Lana, lying on the hospital bed, looked at her parents, her face filled with confusion and sadness. She had hoped that them being all together today would bring them back together, but instead, it only seemed to widen the rift between her parents.

Kathleen's eyes darkened with anger, her voice sharp as she addressed Charles. "That is my house we're talking about, Charles. I am the one who takes care of Lana day in and day out. I do not need you to drop us off.

It all started few minutes ago when the doctor walked in and did the final checkup on Lana. With a glimmer of smile playing on his lips, he informed them that Lana's fever had reduced, and they could take her home immediately.

He prescribed some drugs to them and told them to continue to give them to her till her fever subsides. After he left that was when the argument about who would take Lana home began.

Charles, his face etched with regret and desperation, as he pleaded with Kathleen. "You're not allowing Lana to live in the same house as me so the least you can do is at least let me drop her off myself to see that she's doing well. Please, just let me do this one thing."

Lana's heart ached as she watched her parents stand on opposite sides of the room, their emotions raw and exposed. She wished that they could put aside their differences for her sake, even if just for a moment. She had always dreamed of her parents reuniting, creating a happy, loving family. But with each passing day, that dream seemed to slip further away.

Tears welled up in Lana's eyes as she cuts the both of them off from continuing their argument, her voice trembling. "I'll go with my mommy." Her words hung heavily in the air, echoing the pain and longing she felt deep within her young heart.

Silence enveloped the room, broken only by the soft sounds of sniffling and the whirring of the hospital equipment. Both Kathleen and Charles were momentarily taken aback by Lana's decision. They exchanged a glance, realizing the impact their disagreements had on their vulnerable daughter