CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

{VICKY'S DOWNFALL}

True to his word, Charles worked tirelessly to gather evidence that would expose Vicky's lies. He refused to let her ruin his reputation and most importantly let Kathleen doubt him, so he took it upon himself to make sure that the truth was revealed. With unwavering determination, he sought out legal counsel and compiled a strong case against Vicky.

As the legal battle unfolded, news of Vicky's scandalous actions spread like wildfire. The once-beloved actress was now met with disdain and contempt. Her former fans turned their backs on her, and even her closest friends Claudia and Janet distanced themselves, to avoid being dragged down along with her.

Charles made sure that Vicky would never be able to work in the entertainment industry ever again. She deserved that and more for trying to falsely accuse him.

Charles made his way to Kathleen's cozy bakery. As he walked through the door, the intoxicating aroma of freshly baked bread filled his senses. Kathleen stood behind the counter, engrossed in her work. Her face bore a mix of weariness and conflicted emotions.

"Kathleen," Charles greeted softly, "I did what I promised. I brought Vicky's lies to light, i took care of the issue."

Kathleen sighed and set down the whisk she had been using. She looked up at Charles, her gaze filled with exhaustion. "Congratulations for clearing up your name, but remember Charles it has nothing to do with me. I just didn't want Lana getting tangled up in your mess". She said.

Charles took a step closer, reaching out to touch Kathleen's hand, but she pulled back and shook her head. "And also i don't want people to misunderstand and think that there's something going on between us... So please reduce the way you frequent my bakery, unless you come here to buy something". She said leaving Charles stunned.