CHAPTER NINETEEN

I NEED A DRINK

As i stepped out of the house, i sadly walked over to my car and decided to go to a bar to get a drink to clear my mind.

As I entered the dimly lit bar, the aroma of whiskey mixed with cigarette smoke enveloped me, drowning out the noise of clinking glasses and murmured conversations. I sought solace in the familiar embrace of the worn leather barstool, where I could lose myself in the swirling amber liquid that awaited me.

As I signaled to the bartender for a drink, I reached for my phone and dialed David's number, hoping for a distraction from the thoughts and emotions that plagued me.

"Hey, Charles. What's up?" David's voice crackled over the phone.

"Meet me at ***** Lounge. I need a drink, and I need it now," I replied, my words heavy with a weight of emotions.

"Sure thing, man. I'll be there in ten."

I took a deep breath and surveyed the room, the inquisitive gazes of the patrons inadvertently falling upon me. I could feel the eyes of the women, their intent unmistakable. They were drawn to the allure of Charles Walker, the self-made billionaire. Some sought me for my affluence, others for the status and attention that came with being seen by my side but sadly for them i only had Kathleen in my heart. The men, on the other hand, were eager to forge lucrative business connections, their eyes glinting with ambition and avarice. But in that moment, I paid them no mind. I sought only the solace of the quiet, hidden corner of the bar, where David and I could retreat to the private lounge area that I had reserved for such occasions.

When David arrived, his arrival provided a welcomed  interruption to the prying eyes that lingered upon me. Together, we made our way to the secluded area, away from the superficial allure and ulterior motives that clamored for our attention. As we settled into the plush, secluded comfort of the private lounge, i began telling him about my visit to Kathleen's house tonight.