CHAPTER 3 : The bird and the princess

Maria loved pheonixes , her mother would show her paints of flying birds with various colors, each one having the ability of their homeland. They used to live in every realm but got extinct due to the great war, and now they're very rare . only found in the realm of flames.

"Yeah, they're here. why?"

"Wait wait wait" she grabbed him by the collars, pulling him close.

"There's a phoenix HERE? "

"Y-yeah, everyone in the family gets one, at the right time, Father said, or when one chooses you, he said," 

he felt kinda jealous of his other 2 brothers. They'd all got their pheonix but him. They trained them when they were little birds till they became a big, almost dragon-like creature that'd listen to no one but the owner and the royal family. true loyal guardians and friends, he thought.

"Where are they? Show me!"

"My brothers and their phoenixes are off to another city, my father's here only,"

"Where is it?"

“It’s right up ahead!”

Ashton would point to a giant castle atop a mountain that was nearly shrouded completely in flames, lava rivers flooding down both sides, There were giant stone dragons that had been built right beside the mountain and the rocks of the mountain were a deep dark red color.

On the rocks themselves, there were little patches of green grass, and the dragon bark trees that he had mentioned before were scattered all around.

“the castle is quite beautiful, but no one enters aside from Father and my brothers."

He turned, only to see her running down the hallway, taking 2 steps on the stairs till she reached the garden.

"Hey- wait! Where are you going?" He yelled, running after her.

She stopped in front of the gates as guards blocked her way. Ashton caught up to her, panting.

"Where are you going?"

"To see the pheonix," she said with an excited smile, her eyes sparking.

"Eh? No, you can not do that. "

"Why?"

"Pheonix consider a face they don't know a threat. They'd set you on fire before you even step any closer."

"I still want to see it,"

“you'll need special permission to do so, and Father would be angry if you do what you've in mind without his knowing ” Ashton states, a bit irritated at her.

“But it’s a phoenix!” exclaims Maria.

“exactly."

“Well, I still want to see it.” Maria says, determined.

What a stubborn girl, ashton thought.
He sighed in defeat.

"Wait here while i call my father,  AND don't do anything stupid till i get back with him, understood?  He raised his finger at her, like a mother scolding her child.

Maria's lips curled up into a happy grin, nodding.

"Understood."

When he disappeared out of sight. She turned to the guards. She wouldn't wait for him to come back. She was too excited to care about the consequences of her upcoming actions. Maria thought of a way to get the guards out of the gate.

"Hey, look, there's flamy kitty there!"  Both guards flinched at her screams and looked around to see what she was talking about.

"There, behind that tree!" She'd yell again, the guards drew out their swords and ran towards the direction she pointed.