"Slow is officially a joke..!" Freen teased.

Their kiss turned slower eventually and Becky whispered into her lips. "Thank you na ka, for caring so much about the cake that day, and for making sure I could rely on you. I wish I'd known you'd gone through all that trouble then."

"I'll do anything for you, bebe. Always..." Freen said and leaned back in to kiss Becky but Becky pulled behind.

"As much as I want to stay right here and continue kissing you, I'm afraid we're breaking our own rules."

"What rules? I'm comfortable with this pace. And I think you're pretty comfortable too..." Freen said with a grin.

"Sure." Becky laughed. She got off Freen, and resumed her previous position, snuggling into Freen's side. "Soon, okay?" she said to Freen.

"Soon." Freen said with a smile.

"Pass me my wine na.." Becky ordered.

//

Freen's eyes shot open and it took her a moment to realize she was still on the couch in the living room. She had fallen asleep here. In that very second she could feel a soft breath against her neck.

Becky.

Freen smiled to herself. The wine and the soft conversation had lulled them both to sleep. Freen saw the time on her phone. 3.30 am. She carefully untangled herself from Becky and quickly thought to carry her upstairs to her room.

"Hmmm... where are you taking me?" Becky spoke into Freen's neck, half asleep.

"Home..." Freen said mindlessly as she brought Becky into her bedroom.

"Ka..." Becky said. Freen laid her down and kissed her forehead. Made sure she'd fallen back asleep and then left to resume her sleep in the guest bedroom.

2 months later

"How was your day?" Becky asked lazily as she sat back in her bed, phone to her ear, ready to retire for the day.

These calls with Freen at the end of the day had become a necessity for her. She found she slept a lot calmer after talking to Freen. Even if it was just updating each other about the day's events, what the kids had been up to, what work was like etc.

She had always loved the sound of Freen's voice right before falling asleep.

"Nothing special. Wish I could see you today..." Freen said.

Freen was out of town. She had received an opportunity to set up an exhibit and sell some of her work in a few other cities. She was hesitant about it initially, but Becky, Nam, Mind and her Mae all told her it was a great opportunity to take her work to more audiences.

So Beckett was Becky's responsibility for 4 days now and he was doing well, better than they expected given that this was the first time he was away from him Mama for so long.

Becky had made sure to give him all the love and cuddles she could to never let him feel alone. And Emily was always great company for him. There was literally no scope for him to get bored.

"2 more days. And I'm all yours na...?" Becky said sweetly.

"Don't set my expectations high na?"

Becky knew exactly what Freen meant, even though she was only joking. It had been 2 months of them cuddling into the evenings, soft kisses now and then, but stopping themselves before it could go any further.