Family

MJ POV

When my brother and my father found me at college I was broken. I had been warned of the world. I didn't listen. I had thought I could take care of myself. Was I ever proven wrong. So when they came to get me I surrendered without a second thought because I was convinced god had punished me somehow for disobeying. We were supposed to walk the path our fathers chose for us. Get married, obey our husbands, be a good wife and get a lot of children that will follow the same suit.

This was the life I knew. The way life should go on. So little did I know about the real life out there. I didn't know about making own decisions, running away with strange men, having sex, getting orgasms or falling in love. I didn't know that freedom existed. So I didn't care to fight them when they came. I accepted my fate. I wasn't happy about that but I tried. At least for a while.

This time it's different. I have hope. I have tasted the wicked pleasures there are to be had. I know now exactly why this old man wants to marry me. He only wants to marry me so he can be inside of me like Izzy was. No. Izzy will find me and save me. I am sure of it. He wouldn't just let them take me and not even look for me. He said he loved me.

So, this time I'm not afraid when I sit in front of my father and my brother, them looking at me like I killed someone. For me their opinions have ceased to matter. There is nothing they can say or do to ever make me choose this life over the one Izzy was introducing me to. Izzy says his world is so bad, but I just don't see it. All I can see here is an old fat hairy man, thrusting and sweating all over me. The thought turns my stomach. I want none but Izzy. I will have none but Izzy. His world is the only one I wish to know.

"You disappointed us again Mary Josephine." My father starts talking with that deep stern voice of his.

I can't help but feel sorry. Don't get me wrong, I don't regret a single second of the last days. But I'm sorry for disappointing them. For disgracing my family and putting my father into this situation. That still doesn't mean I'm willing to get married to that old fuck! I immediately cover my mouth and try to hold back the chuckle. It seems that Izzy's language had rubbed off on me a bit.

"What's so damn funny about this, Mary?" My brother cries out. "This is already the second time you ran away and come back home...damaged. You're a whore and I don't even get why father would still try to marry you out to someone. No one wants you now!"

"John" my father says and tries to calm him down. "It's not our place to judge. God will judge her when her time comes. Jacob still wants to marry her and so we won't talk about what happened during the last days."

I can't hold back a snort. Sure that old man wants to marry me. His last wife is nearly fifty. I think I'm even younger than his oldest child. Meeting Nikki taught me how a mans eyes prowl your body with lust. And Izzy had for sure shown me the difference between love and lust. I know what that old guy wants.

A chill runs down my spine. Over my dead body, this man will never touch me. "I will not marry him." I say. "You can't make me. There're laws, you know?"

"The only law is Gods law!" My father snaps.

"She just want's to go whore herself to her rock star boyfriend, Nikki." My brother adds on top of it.

I feel my blood boiling. "Nikki isn't even my fucking boyfriend! And who I do or don't 'whore' myself out to is none of your business!!!"

SMACK

I cup my hand over my cheek where my brother has slapped me. "My boyfriend...my boyfriend is the guy who put a gun in your face at the Shiprock Inn!!!"

"So you were there?" I hear my father asking.

I glare at him. "Yes."

"And you...gave yourself to him?" He then asks me.

"Yes."

SMACK

This time the hand across my face belongs to my father. It's harder. I fall to the floor with tears coming to my eyes. Izzy where are you? "He's going to come and find me." I whimper.

"If he shows up here he's a dead man!" My brother spits at me with a hiss.

"He'll come." I say firmly as I lift myself from the floor.

"By the time he comes you'll be married to Jacob," My father states.

"Yeah, and I'll make sure he gets a gun in his face!" I hear my brother going on. "Then we'll take him out to the barn and cut his balls off like a goat!!!"

I can only stare at them crying.