Ch. 13 We have to help them!

After putting wood into the chimney, making the home lighter and warmer, Tumnus escorted Elizabeth to his bedroom, where she placed her youngest sister, Lucy, on the bed.

Tumnus stood outside the bedroom, watching Elizabeth put the covers on Lucy. His gaze softened when he saw her kiss her youngest sister on the forehead. 

" Have the most sweetest dreams, Lucy. When you wake up, we'll head home again." Elizabeth says. 

She turned and walked out of the bedroom, leaving the door slightly ajar to closely monitor her youngest sister. 

" The poor girl. She must haven't been sleeping well." Tumnus says, looking at Elizabeth worryingly. 

Elizabeth's eyes dimmed, thinking that the war back in their hometown was causing stress to Lucy and not making her sleep well. She glanced at her youngest sister and wondered if her being in Narnia made her feel so at peace that, for once, she slept so soundly. 

" Back home. Where we are from, we are going through a devastating war." She says, causing Tumnus to stay quiet to listen to her. 

" Our Father got sent to fight in this war. It got so severe that we left our home so suddenly. We had to leave our mother behind. Our Father's friend was so kind to let my siblings and I live with him." Her eyes teared up. 

" Even though Professor Kirke is in charge of raising us. My mother had my brother Peter and me responsible for raising our youngest siblings because he and I were the older siblings." Her hands started to shake, which Tumnus noticed. 

" I'm scared, Tumnus." She looked at Tumnus. 

Tumnus grabs Elizabeth's hand and lightly squeezes it. 

" What if- What if something happens to our parents?" Elizabeth asked. " Lucy is eight, Edmund is ten, Susan is twelve, and Peter is only fourteen." She starts to breathe heavily. 

Tumnus carefully wraps his other arm around Elizabeth, holding her close and comforting her. 

" If Mum and Dad are gone, my younger siblings will separate and go to different homes. I am only twenty! I doubt the government will allow me to have custody of them." Elizabeth starts to cry as she realizes how scared she is of the war back home. 

Bodhi watched the two from the living room, looking at them worryingly. 

" Do you think your siblings will like Narnia?" He asked, causing Elizabeth and Tumnus to stare at him. " I mean, Lucy seems to love this place already." He says. 

" Bodhi. We cannot risk Lady Elizabeth's siblings getting harmed by the White Witch." Tumnus reminded. 

Elizabeth looked at Bodhi and then at Lucy, who was sleeping, with a thoughtful stare. 

" If I can help Aslan defeat the White Witch, Narnia will be safe then, right?" She asked, causing Tumnus and Bodhi to look at her. 

" The Cursed Winter will melt." Tumnus nodded. 

" And Narnianian will be able to roam their Kingdom with the sunlight giving them warmth and reassurance that they will be safe." Bodhi smiled. 

" How can I help Aslan defeat the White Witch?" Elizabeth asked. 

" Tumnus! Tell Lady Elizabeth what you foresaw." Bodhi looked at Tumnus. 

Tumnus held Elizabeth close, looking at her worryingly. 

" What did you see?" Elizabeth asked. 

" It was a prophecy," Tumnus says. 

Elizabeth nodded, wanting Tumnus to continue speaking. 

" I saw three Daughters of Eve and two Sons of Adams arriving at Narnia to help the Golden Sun defeat the White Witch to end the Curse Winter and bring the Kingdom back to its former glory," Tumnus says, letting go of Elizabeth. 

" Three Daughters of Eve and two Sons of Adams," Elizabeth repeated. 

Tumnus and Bodhi nodded. 

' Peter and Edmund counts as two Sons of Adams,' Elizabeth internally says. ' That means Susan, Lucy, and with me, that makes us Three Daughters of Eve.' She looked at Tumnus and Bodhi with wide eyes. 

" For Narnia to be safe from the White Witch, my siblings and I are the ones that will help defeat her." She realized. 

Tumnus looked at Elizabeth worryingly and nodded. 

" How? My siblings. They-They are young children?" Elizabeth asked as she swayed, feeling like she was going to faint. 

Tumnus immediately held Elizabeth close as he escorted her to the living room and helped her sit on a couch. 

Elizabeth looked at the coffee table in a daze. She didn't mind helping Narnia defeat the White Witch. However, knowing that her younger siblings, besides herself, were involved in a prophecy to save the mythical Kingdom, she didn't know what to think or say. 

" We have to help them!" A familiar voice breaks Elizabeth's train of thought. 

Elizabeth turned and saw Lucy awake with her hand tightly grasping the door. 

" Lu." She looked at her youngest sister worryingly. 

" I promised him I would bring the Empress of Narnia to him! And for that to happen, we must defeat that big Meanie! Everyone, including you, Lizzie, deserves peace and happiness after what the wars have gone us through," Lucy smiled. 

Elizabeth stands and walks up to Lucy. She hugs her youngest sister tightly and lovingly kisses the top of her head. 

" You have such a sweet heart and soul, Lucy." She says, letting go of Lucy. 

Lucy blushes, getting shy. 

" Also, what do you mean by bringing the Empress of Narnia to him? Who exactly are you talking about?" Elizabeth asked. 

Lucy bit her inner cheek since she didn't want to scare Elizabeth with the knowledge of her eldest sister becoming the Empress of Narnia after the White Witch's defeat. 

" Your sister was referring to the White Witch, Lady Elizabeth," Tumnus says, looking at Lucy knowingly. 

" Ah. I see." Elizabeth nodded. 

Lucy looked at Tumnus and smiled when she saw the Faun wink at her. 

" What do you say, Lucy? Should we bring our siblings and see if they like this place?" Elizabeth asked. 

" Yes!" Lucy nodded. 

" Then let's go back home and tell them about Narnia." Elizabeth smiled. 

" Yay!" Lucy cheered.