Ch. 1 The Preface

It is June 1941 in London, England.

A loud siren awakens twenty-year-old Elizabeth Pevensie from her slumber. She opens her eyes, revealing a blue-violet color. She sits up and looks at her surroundings. Her pale blonde hair falls onto her shoulders.

" Lizzie!" A younger feminine voice shouted, grabbing Elizabeth's attention.

" Lucy!" Elizabeth gets out of bed, puts on her pale blue slippers, and runs towards the door.

She opens the door and looks forward, seeing her eight-year-old youngest sister, Lucy Pevensie.

Tears welled up in Lucy's deep blue eyes. She looks at her eldest sister with a scared gaze.

" I'm scared!" She begins to cry.

Elizabeth picks up her youngest sister and holds her close. She heard footsteps running to her right and turned to see her younger siblings, fourteen-year-old Peter Pevensie, twelve-year-old Susan Pevensie, and ten-year-old Edmund Pevensie.

" What's going on?" Peter asked, looking concerned.

" Children! To the bomb shelter!" The five Pevensie siblings heard their mother, forty-year-old Helen Pevensie nee Scrubb, shout.

" You heard Mother! Go! Go! Go!" Elizabeth firmly speaks, motioning her younger siblings to the stairs while holding her youngest sister tightly.

Peter runs down the stairs with Susan and Edmund following behind him. Elizabeth looked into her bedroom and out the window, seeing military plane bombers dropping bombs on her hometown.

Her eyebrows rose, and her eyes widened, looking shocked and horrified. She gently touched her youngest sister's head, covering her from seeing the horrors of War. She looked away, ran down the stairs, and saw her younger brother roughly grabbing her youngest brother, who was lying on the ground, holding something against his chest.

" Peter! Edmund! What are you two doing? Let's go," She looks at her two brothers worryingly.

" Edmund is stalling us," Peter responded.

" I don't want to leave Dad behind!" Edmund cried out while hugging a portrait of their Father, forty-year-old Abraham Pevensie, dressed in his military uniform.

" Elizabeth! Peter! Edmund! Lucy! Get in!" Helen shouts from inside the Bomb shelter, holding Susan close while looking at her children worryingly.

" Come on, you two!" Elizabeth runs out of the house with her youngest sister in her embrace.

Lucy hugs her eldest sister tightly, scared for her and her family's life.

" Come on!" Peter shoves his younger brother out of the house and escorts his siblings to the Bomb shelter.

Elizabeth enters the Bomb shelter and puts her youngest sister down. She turns to look at her mother and younger sister.

" Are you two alright?" Elizabeth asked, looking concerned.

" We are fine," Helen reassured, brushing Susan's dark brown hair with her fingers to calm her down.

Edmund enters the Bomb shelter with Peter closing and locking the door behind him.

" What were you thinking?" Peter firmly shouts while looking at his younger brother, disappointed.

Edmund sat on the bed, hugging the portrait tightly. He didn't look at his older brother.

" You could have gotten us killed!" Peter shouted.

" Peter!" Elizabeth shouts, cutting her younger brother off, putting her hand on his shoulder, and motioning her head to their youngest sister, who is looking at them, scared and with tears falling from her eyes.