𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐠𝐨𝐥𝐝.

couldn't decide for banner so take a silly message of my friends

theme — angst & comfort
au — the luminescence and the unlit (yes, i am aware this au has been dead since may😐)

✮⋆˙

Glass

bottles

shatter. Collapse. Crumble...

It's all too much.

"Stop it, Phineas."

"YOU FUCKING BASTARD, ZANDER! YOU'RE NEVER IN THIS DAMN APARTMENT AND YOU'RE ALWAYS BEING A NOSY SNOB ON EARTH WITH THOSE ANGELS."

"SHUT THE FUCK UP, PHINEAS! MAYBE EARTH ACTUALLY MAKES ME HAPPY! MAYBE IT MAKES ME FORGET HOW MUCH I'VE SCREWED UP IN NOT ONLY MY ACTUAL LIFE, BUT IN THE AFTERLIFE TOO!!"

I wanted to scream and cry and break things. Bones. Objects. Until my knuckles bleed. Until the pain can no longer be felt. Until my blood turns cold.

And then I sink, into thy hell, for all my days, and all my memories will shut the door in my face. Walk out of reach.

"Whatever. Your opinion means nothing to me. Fuck you, Phineas. Go to a bar and suck a dick while i'm gone if that fulfills the hole in your heart."

Silence. Maybe he'd actually come to his senses and understand what I tell him.

Phineas Windlow passed away at the ripe age of 22. One year after he was legally allowed to consume alcohol. He grew up in a traumatic household, his parents treating him as if he was a broken toy. He moved out at 20 and resorted to alcohol. That addiction followed him into the pits of the afterlife.

In some cases, the actions of parents can affect their children. He, Phineas, being an example.
That man rots on a couch all day with a bottle of beer and a TV remote in his hand.

I should not feel torn, nor in pain from the words he spoke. As I walk away from that house wanting over. Over. Gone. My eyes shut.

"Take me to Earth."

.......

I'm back in Rosemeadow. The place where I grew older and then took everything on purpose. Broke the souls of the ones I loved so.

Phineas's words and actions are still in my head. They've been super glued to my memory and they can't get away. My anxiety spikes, my head spiraling.

I run down the back streets. Out of town, into the woods. No one knew of this area but me. As a child, I would run out through these woods as my parents would yell at each other. No one would've dared to look back here. Unknowingly, there was actually a gorgeous scenery at the end of this forest.

A clear lake. Vibrant varieties of flowers. Butterflies and bees surrounded the area during the warm summer nights. The leaves of forest trees nearby brightened by sunlight. And so here I was again in a land of dreams and camaraderie with my own self and forgetting of all problems.

Except i'm not alone.

An angel, with a golden halo shining so brightly. Wings so bright and large they could carry the weight of the world. An outfit of white and lavender.

Luke. An angel.

My angel.

All my emotions poured over me like rain storms and I burst into tears. My footsteps loud on the ground, causing him to turn around. He stood up, arms reached out and I ran straight into his embrace.

His arms wrapped around my torso. My face sunk into his chest. All I want is him. His warm body close to mine and he never lets go and we just stand here, for the rest of eternity. Together.

"Zander? What happened, my love?"The calmness in his voice made all my pain go away.

my angel my angel my angel.

"Phineas."

One word slipped off my lips and into the air and his mood drastically altered. Luke knew about that man and how crazy he was. His right hand moved up my back, over my spine, slowly running through my hair. Chills ran down my spine but I don't dare move. I don't dare open my eyes or let go of him.

"What did he do to you, Zan?"

Silence. I began to recall the incident. It had not even been an entire hour. Thirty minutes, at most.

The yelling, the bottle throwing. Glass shattered. Cuts across my face and hands from the glass. Screaming. Yelling. Vulgar language. Doors slammed. I vanished.

My eyes shot open.

My gaze went up towards his face. I hadn't had a moment to admire his facial features throughout my moment of distraught.

His golden eyes. His freckles, barely noticeable. He looked... upset.

"We fought again."

...

"Oh, Zander..."

A tear would've slipped if Luke hadn't wiped it away.

"Don't feel sorry for me. I chose to live with that stupid asshat."

Luke sighed, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear. "It's not your fault that he's practically killing himself all over again with alcohol. The only person he has to blame is himself, my love."

I buried my face into Luke's neck, our arms still wrapped around each other. I let out a hum, signifying for him to continue.

"But the thing that really bothers me is that he's hurting someone amazing as you. You treat this world with kindness yet it stabs you in the back. And it hurts for me to watch."

Oh my god, this boy.

"But I can't change him, Luke."

"You don't have to change him, Zander. Show him that him and his actions means nothing to you."

For once, I actually managed to smile.

"Thank you, Luke."

He kissed me on my forehead. "Of course."

My dear angel, Luke. Now and forever.

✮⋆˙

word count — 1022 words
authors note — hi sorry for not writing for a bit, school has been taking up all my time :(
this au has been dead for a WHILE, since i have an unfortunate habit of making au's and leaving them to rot. but i plan on writing a book with this au actually so here's a bit of stuff i've came up with already 👍
anywho hoping that soon i'll find more time to write, i've begun to miss it. bye <3