𝐬𝐥𝐞𝐝𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐧𝐨𝐰 & 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐨𝐞 🎄

⋆˚❄️˖°
christmas oneshot <3
theme — fluff ig?
ship(s) — lander, jailey, saisy, milliot
au — next gen
⋆˚❄️˖°

third-person pov

"Hurry up! We don't have ten years!" Milly shouted from the front of the cabin. It was December twenty-third, two days before Christmas. The Music Club, followed by Elliot and Daisy, had made the decision to take a trip together for the holidays.

Their original plan was to go sledding in the mountains, followed by baking that evening. If Zander and Hailey would be finished getting ready.

"Oh hush, Milly! Beauty is pain!" Zander yelled extremely annoyed from upstairs. The cabin was two stories. Four bedrooms for each couple staying. Milly, Elliot, Jake, Sean, Daisy, and Luke were all sitting in the living room waiting.

Abruptly, Luke arose from the chair he was sitting in and made his way upstairs. He turned the knob to his and Zander's shared bedroom. "Darling? Are you almost done?" he asked, peering at his boyfriend who was styling his hair. "Yessss, i'm almost done. Do me a favor and tell Milly I said to shut her little mouth."

"Noted," and Luke left the room towards downstairs once again.

⋆˚❄️˖°

30 minutes had already passed and they were far from the cabin. The group had noticed this sledding hill a couple days previous and had planned on going there. So here they were.

"Ugh, my legs already feel numb," Jake said in complaint. Milly scoffed, turning her head towards Jake. "Shut up. Before I push your ass down this hill."

"I'd love to see that," Zander remarked.

"Oh stop fighting," Hailey spoke up.

"Hey, look you guys! The sleds are over here!" Daisy pointed to a small, wooden stand where sleds surrounded the small structure. Sean started walking at a fast pace, holding Daisy's hand as she followed right behind. Everyone else eventually followed them.

"Who's first!?" Milly exclaimed.

"Well considering you were the one who dragged us into this, maybe you should go first," Zander replied.

"Nooo! This was the entire plan that we all agreed on!"

"Who's we?"

The duo went back in forth arguing over a small issue. The rest of the Music Club, as well as Daisy and Elliot stood there in utter silence, annoyed.

"Okay! On the count of three, we all slide down the hill," Elliot called out suddenly. They had gotten four sleds. Luke and Zander on one, Jake and Hailey, Sean and Daisy, and him with Milly.

"One,"

"Two,"

"Ten!!" and Milly took off on her sled as Elliot yelled in fear. The rest of the group watched as the couple rapidly sled down the snowy hill, and ran into a tree causing them to stop.

"Oh my lord," Hailey whispered before she took off on her sled with Jake. The only two people still at the start was Sean and Daisy, followed by Luke and Zander. The couples looked at each other, nodding in knowing that they should follow behind.

In sync, the two pairs sled down the hill.

Zander held onto Luke's torso from behind, burying his face into his boyfriend's back. "Are we almost down the hill? I don't wanna look."

"Yes, love. We're almost there"

"Good. I'm ready to get this situation over with."

Luke and Zander's sled came to a halt seconds later. The couple got off, and walked over to their friends who seemed to be debating over something.

"Milly, nobody thought that was funny. You were on the verge of getting you and Elliot hurt."

"I know!! It was fun though. Geez you guys, no need to be a grouch and spoil all the fun. 😒"

Well sledding clearly didn't plan out to their expectations..

⋆˚❄️˖°

Day turned info dusk as the group of friends settled in their small, warm cabin. The fireplace was lit, a Christmas movie played on the TV, and there was a scent of baked cookies from the kitchen.

Luke and Zander sat by the fireplace, holding one another close as they stared at the flames. The brunette had his arm wrapped around the latter's torso, as Zander laid his head on Luke's shoulder. There was a comfortable silence among the couple as they enjoyed one another's presence. Although, a sudden disturbance caused by Hailey slightly ended their moment.

"Psst... Luke.." Hailey whispered from behind. He turned his head to the direction of her voice, noticing that she held something over him and Zander.

She was holding a small mistletoe.

"Zander.. look up.." Luke muttered to his boyfriend. Zander rose his head, noticing Hailey above. He rolled his eyes as he turned his head towards her, "Pfft, go away, Hailey."

"Not until you two kiss under the mistletoe like y'all cheesy selves ☺️."

"Fuck you, Hailey," and Zander kissed Luke. It was a quick peck on the lips, as Luke hardly had any time to react. As they pulled apart, they watched as the teal-haired woman ran towards the kitchen giggling like a child. Zander scoffed, turning to face his lover once again.

"She's so childish."

"Oh come on darling, let her be."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah."

Luke brushed Zander's bangs out of his face before kissing him on the forehead. The periwinkle-eyed male became immensely flustered from this, burying his face into Luke's neck. The brunette chuckled under his breath as he twirled a strand of Zander's hair. "Merry Christmas, love," he whispered to Zander. He raised his head up, a grin upon his face, "Merry Christmas, darling."

⋆˚❄️˖°

word count — 954 words
author's note — the beginning might be a bit sloppy, considering i was low motivated to write this. but on the bright side i actually wrote something for Christmas this year. anywho, merry christmas to you all!