𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐫𝐧 | " 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐝 " 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐭𝐰𝐨

Theme: Angst
Ship(s): Lander
AU: College

— — — — —

   Zander lay in his bed, his periwinkle eyes full of tears as he stared into space. The streetlights glowed through the cracks in the shutters, slightly lighting the room. It had been a week since him and Luke called it quit, and Zander has been staying with his parents. He still continued to attend his classes and work. Although, he seemed to not put as much effort and care into his work, which was odd considering Zander was the type of person who put their best efforts into their assignments.

   His and Luke's breakup has hurt Zander, a lot. Whenever he was home, he would barely leave his room. This brought a lot of concern to his family, especially Hailey. Every night, Zander would cry himself to sleep and at some points, Hailey would be able to hear Zander from the other room say to himself, "Don't go. ." "Don't leave me. ." "I need you." Hailey became really concerned for her brother. She knew that he wasn't taking the breakup well, and she had to help him. "Luke said he was leaving Zander because he believed that it was best for the two, not that he lost feelings for him. Perhaps he still loved Zander. I could try and convince him to talk to Zander and they could work things out." Hailey thought to herself. That was her plan, she was going to text Luke about it the next morning.

— — — — —

Meanwhile, Luke was struggling with the breakup as well. He missed Zander. A lot. He wasn't taking the breakup as hard as Zander, but he was distancing himself from others, and would begin to tear up when Zander crossed his mind. He wanted to apologize to Zander and try and get back together, but he had a feeling Zander was extremely angry at him.

— — — — —

The Next Morning. . .

Hailey
Hey Luke! Could you by any chance
come over sometime soon? Zander
hasn't been in the best state and I
think he would love to see you again.

Luke
Hey Hailey. I really miss Zander, i've gotta
admit. But i'm afraid that he's angry at me
for randomly ending our relationship. I'm
nervous that he doesn't wanna see me.

Hailey
Please Luke? Its for Zander. He's
cried himself to sleep almost every night and
never leaves his room when he's here. Just this
one small favor, i'm begging you. I'm getting really
worried.

Luke
Okay then. I'll be over in about 10-15
minutes.

Hailey
Thank you so much. I really appreciate it.

— — — — —

   Twelve minutes later, there was a sudden knock on the door. Hailey raced to the door, excited that Luke finally gave in to her plan of trying to talk things out with Zander.

   She quickly opened the door, greeting Luke and letting him in the home. "Hey Luke, thanks so much for showing up. Zander is of course in his room. Good luck!" "Okay, thanks Hailey." Luke replied and with that, he quietly walked upstairs.

   Luke stopped in front of Zander's bedroom door, in which was closed. He gently knocked on the door four times before muttering, "Hey Zander, its Luke. If your mad at me, I understand. I just wanted to come talk and see if we could by any chance resolve some things."

— — — — —

   Zander was shocked. He wasn't expecting his ex to randomly show up. Although he wasn't the best right now, he would still appreciate to be able to talk to Luke again. Zander quickly hid his diary under the bed in which he was in the process of writing in. "Come in. ." Zander muttered. Luke slowly opened the door to see Zander lying on the bed. He immediately noticed how awful Zander looked, even from across the room. "Hailey wasn't lying. Zander looks like he's been through hell these past few days."

As Luke walked towards Zander on the bed, he noticed that Zander had been crying, a lot. Dark circles under his eyes made it seem like he hadn't slept a minute since the breakup. "I really take all this back. I really hurt Zander. I have to make it up to him."

   Luke sat down on the edge of the bed beside Zander as they both stared at each other in silence. The room was dark, cold, and quiet as there was silence between the two. "If you don't forgive me from a week ago, I understand. But. . i'm really sorry, Zander. I really messed up and I noticed it now." the drummer trembled as he glanced into the pianists distressed eyes. "I wanna make it up to you. If you want, we could get back together. If you don't feel the same anymore I understa-"

   Luke all of a sudden felt lips soft as clouds press against his, as it closed the gap between the two. Luke felt confused, yet joyous. This could've been the Zander's way to say he forgave him. He wrapped his arms around the pianists torso as Zander wrapped his arms around the drummers neck. This kiss. It was the only thing that mattered. Nothing else.

   After a couple minutes, Luke and Zander pulled away gasping for air, pressing their foreheads together. "Luke, I forgive you. The past week has been a living hell for me. I'm just glad that you still care." "Of course I do. We've known each other for so long, I couldn't just leave you like that. I don't know what I was thinking that day." Luke said, gently wiping away the tears across his boyfriend's cheeks. Zander gently placed a kiss on the drummers forehead. "I love you, Luke." "I love you too, Zander."

The End

-- -- -- -- --
Word Count: 983 Words
Author's Note: Finally done!! Sorry this took some time to get published. I'm decided to make a chapter of Zander's diary entries so expect to see that! Anyhow, thats all