𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐝𝐚𝐲.

theme: angst
ship(s): lander
au: college

- - ♪ - -

Alexzander's POV:

After a exhausting day of work, the day was finally coming to an end. The sun was setting below the horizon as the stars hardly became visible in the soon to be night sky.

Luke and I have been sharing an apartment together throughout the past two years of college. The apartment was silent, for I was the only one here. I sat on the sectional in the living room, reading a book in hopes it could keep me occupied until my fiancé arrived home. Although, my mind was quickly trailing away from the story.

Usually, Luke would arrive home about two or three hours after me. Unfortunately, he's been getting home about thirty minutes later then usual. Supposedly there was more work or he was working in a toxic environment.

I decided to not think much of it for now and continued to read my story.

Three Hours Later...

By now, the night sky had appeared and there still wasn't a sound. I decided to lay down in bed and watch some television as I still awaited for Luke to arrive home.

There was the sudden sound of the apartment door swinging open. I could hear Luke yell from the other room as he slammed the door shut.

I shot up from the bed and began to make my way to the entrance. Hopefully I could attempt to calm him down.

"Baby..?" I called out to Luke, still making my way towards him. He glanced towards me with an angry look on his face.

"Had a bad day?" I said, trying to stay calm so I wouldn't make him any more upset. "Yes. My boss was a bitch to me and my coworkers today, and I got a shitty grade on an assignment." Luke replied to me angrily.

I sighed in response. I hated seeing him come home like this. Luke is usually all happy to be back in the evenings, but it's understandable why he's so infuriated. We just stood there in silence for a few seconds before I spoke up once more.

"Do you need me to do anything for you?" I asked, trying to be nice.

"No, I don't need anything..."

"Are you sure?" I asked quietly.

That's when Luke snapped.

He turned back at me and started yelling. "OH MY GOD ZANDER WILL YOU JUST SHUT UP?!" he shouted as he slapped me across the face.

I couldn't speak. Tears instantly started filling my eyes as there was a sharp pain on the side of my face. I stood still as he continued to yell at me.

"GOD, YOU'RE SO ANNOYING. WHY DO YOU NEVER LISTEN!? I SAID I DIDN'T NEED ANY HELP AND YOU STILL BOTHERED ME! JUST QUIT BEING A SUCK UP-"

He came to a pause when he noticed how upset I looked. I was able to tremble a faint "I'm sorry.." before I quickly ran towards the bedroom. I could hear Luke behind me yelling for me to come back. I didn't listen to his begs.

Disappointed. That's how I felt. Both in myself and Luke. I was disappointed for my kind acts did no good. I was disappointed in Luke for yelling in my face. I mean't well, I really did. But of course, I forgave him and still loved him.

I quickly locked the door to the bedroom as I could hear Luke running towards the bedroom. By this point, I couldn't hold in my tears no matter how hard I tried. I began to sob as I heard Luke trying to turn the knob on the other side of the door.

Luke's POV:

"Zander, please open the door."
"I'm so sorry, please unlock the door."
"Baby, please, i'm worried.."

I constantly said those same things repeatedly, although I still received no response but nonstop cries.

I was so furious with myself. I should've never yelled at him. But I couldn't take it back now. I felt myself begin to weep.

"Zander, please open the door i'm begging you!!"

...

Alexzander's POV:

I could hear Luke desperately begging me to open the door. It sounded as if he began to cry.

My sobs came to a halt. I sniffled before I stood up, my shaky hand reaching for the door knob.

I unlocked it, slowly turning the knob and opening the door for Luke. My head was still facing the floor, my face stained of tears.

Luke tightly hugged me while sobbing into my shoulder. I slightly smiled, knowing he felt sorry for the incident.

"I'm so so sorry honey.. I should've never let all my anger out on you."

I hugged back and said nothing before replying moments later.

"I forgive you. And i'm sorry as well, I should've never irritated you like that."

"You forgive me? Just like that?"

"Of course I do."

What an evening it had been.

- - ♪ - -

word count: 824 words