" 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐝. "

Theme: Angst
Ship(s): Lander, Jailey (Towards The End)
AU: College

— — — — —

"Well, this is the end. Goodbye, Zander." Luke muttered, fighting back tears. Although he was the one breaking up with Zander, this was already seeming to be pretty rough on him.

Both Luke and Zander have been having a series of fights recently. They also seemed to become way distant from one another, considering they were busy with college and their jobs. Things hadn't seemed to improve or get any better. Luke decided that it was time to let go and move on.

"So. . your leaving me? Just like that?" Zander cried. His what was periwinkle eyes had already started to become red, considering he had been crying uncontrollably. "Please Luke, don't do this. We've always done everything together, it won't be the same. Please. I'm begging you. Don't leave me. ."

Hearing Zander say these things hit Luke like a ton of bricks. It really did. And he sounded like he really meant what he said. But he had forgiven Zander many times recently and he knew deep down that if he gave in, they would still not resolve their conflicts. "Zan, i've forgiven you many times. If I give in, we'll still continue to argue, I know it. I don't wanna do this either, but I think its whats best for the both of us, and i'm sorry."

   "Did you ever take a moment to realize how I would feel about this, Luke? Did you?!" Zander yelled. "I don't have the energy to fight you anymore, Zander. Just. . . please leave. We're done. I'm sorry."

"Fine. You win. Goodbye, Luke." And with that, Zander left what was his and Luke's apartment and ran through the hall to outside the apartment building sobbing uncontrollably. He stopped as he was right outside the large apartment complex, catching his breath from running. "Well. Where do I go?" The only place Zander could think of was his old home. Hailey still lived in their home. And of course, Bethany as well, considering she was only eleven at the time. It may be a walk from here, but its the only place I can go. And with that, Zander began walking back home.

— — — — —

After a while, he finally made it. Zander had stopped crying by this point, although he was currently standing at his front door exhausted from walking several miles and was about to break it to his family that Luke randomly decided to end their relationship and kick Zander out. This was something he would've never expected doing.
But unfortunately, he is.

Zander knocked on the door gently three times, peering through the glass window on the front door. Immediately after, he saw Hailey and Jake's heads spring up from the couch, noticing how miserable Zander looked. Hailey's eyes widened as she quickly got up and sprinted to the door to let her step-brother in. Hailey opened the door and whispered, "Oh my god. What happened? Is Luke with you?" "Well, about that. ." Zander muttered as he began to tear up again. "Oh god, don't tell me." Hailey uttered, with concern in her voice. "Come in. I'll fix you a glass of water or something and we can talk about it in the living room with Jake. Also, Mom and Dad are running a few errands, and Bethany is at her friend Hannah's again. Which is good considering its best she doesn't see you in the state your in." Zander went inside and sat on the couch (Across from Jake, of course. He still wasn't that close friends with Jake.) as Hailey went and got Zander a glass of water and some tissues.

   After a few minutes, Hailey returned to the living room as she sat on the couch in between the two boys, handing Zander his glass of water and a tissue box. "So, what happened with you and Luke? Did you guys get in some sort of huge argument because I remember you telling the club that you two have been arguing much recently." Jake spoke up. "Okay, let me explain to you two what happened."

— — — — —

After Explaining. . .

   "Oh wow. . I'm really sorry you had to deal with all that, Zander. You don't deserve that." Jake said, sympathy in his tone. "I'm really sorry, Zander." Hailey said with empathy. "You can stay here for as long as you would like. Or unless, I don't wanna be that kind of person. . but if you two don't make up and are over for good, I guess you'll stay here from now on then." "I agree with Hailey." Jake replied as the step siblings turned their gaze towards the singer. "But just know that if you ever need us, we're here for you. We're happy to help." Zander smirked. It seemed Jake really cared about him, although he and the Jomies continuously bullied him and the club for years. "Thank you guys. I appreciate y'all, a lot." "Of course!" Hailey and Jake replied. The three had a group hug and watched a movie for the next few hours.

— — — — —
Word Count:  921 Words
Author's Note: aaaaa this one was so sad to write 😭 anyhow, i'm not sure if this is going to be my last oneshot before christmas, but if it is, merry christmas everyone!! i think i might make a second part to this, not sure yet. if you would like me to, let me know! anyhow, its almost 3 am and thats all i have to say, have a great day! ♡