Chapter 12

Eolande's POV

It was a strange feeling, being drawn to someone who wasn't of my kind, someone whose world was so different from mine. Yet, as I stood there with Aurelia, everything felt right. The way her eyes sparkled under the starlight, the way her laughter echoed through the silent night, it all made me feel alive in a way I hadn't felt in a long time.

Over the past few days, I had seen her strength, her courage, her unique ability to connect with my people. She had not only earned their respect but also their love. The way she listened to their stories, the way she laughed at their jokes, it was clear that she had found a place in their hearts.

And she had found a place in mine.

As I watched her now, her face bathed in the soft glow of the moonlight, I couldn't help but marvel at the woman she was. She was strong yet tender, fierce yet kind. She was everything I hadn't known I was looking for.

Reaching out, I gently took her hand in mine, my eyes never leaving hers. I felt her breath hitch as I interlaced our fingers, our palms meeting in a warm embrace. It was an intimate gesture, one that spoke volumes about the connection we shared.

"Aurelia," I began, my voice soft. "I don't know what the future holds for us, but I know this—I want to be a part of your journey. I want to stand by your side, protect you, guide you."

Her eyes welled up with emotions, and she squeezed my hand in response. "Eolande," she whispered, her voice choked with emotion. "I want that too."

The words hung in the air between us, a silent acknowledgment of the bond we shared. It was a bond forged by destiny, strengthened by shared experiences, and sealed with a promise—a promise to stand by each other, come what may.

As the moon cast its silvery glow over Trolltopia, I pulled Aurelia closer, enveloping her in a warm embrace. It was a promise, a vow, a silent declaration of my feelings for her. And as I felt her melt into my arms, her heartbeat syncing with mine, I knew. This was where I was meant to be. This was where my heart belonged—with Aurelia, the brave and beautiful woman who had won the hearts of my people and the heart of the guardian of Trolltopia.