Chapter 10

Tama'irah's POV

As dawn broke, the forest of Trolltopia started to stir. The chorus of morning birds filled the air, while the sun rays filtered through the dense canopy, casting a playful glow on the forest floor. But the beauty of the morning belied the sense of uncertainty that had settled in our hearts after the events of the previous night.

As we packed our belongings, I noticed Aurelia looking pensively at the necklace. The glow had subdued but the pulsating rhythm was still there, a constant reminder of the powerful forces we were dealing with.

We resumed our journey towards the heart of Trolltopia, alert and wary of the unseen presence that had made itself known the previous night. The air was thick with tension, the usual chatter of the forest creatures replaced with an unsettling quiet.

Suddenly, Aurelia stopped in her tracks. Her eyes widened as she stared at a spot ahead of us. Following her gaze, I saw them – a group of trolls, their large, bulky forms barely concealed by the foliage.

They were unlike any trolls we had encountered in our texts. Their skin was a rugged gray, their bodies adorned with tribal markings. Their eyes were sharp and intelligent, glaring at us with suspicion and curiosity.

We had walked into a troll territory.

Before we had a chance to react, they were upon us. Trolls, despite their size, were surprisingly swift. They surrounded us, their crude weapons drawn. I could see Aurelia reaching for her magic, but I placed a hand on her arm, shaking my head. We were outnumbered. A fight was not in our favor.

A larger troll, presumably the leader, stepped forward. He looked at us, his gaze lingering on the glowing necklace around Aurelia's neck. There was recognition in his eyes, and for a moment, he seemed taken aback.

Then, with a swift movement, he lunged at us. Aurelia reacted instantly, her magic flaring. A protective shield materialized around us, stopping the troll in his tracks. The troll leader roared, his surprise turning into anger.

But before he could attack again, a calm voice echoed through the forest. "Enough, Grommash. Stand down."

A figure emerged from the shadows, her demeanor calm and composed. It was a troll, but unlike the others. Her features were softer, his eyes kind and wise. As he stepped into the light, Aurelia gasped. It was her – the Heart of Stone.

The troll leader, Grommash, grumbled but stepped back, his gaze still locked with ours. The Heart of Stone turned to us, her eyes meeting Aurelia's. There was a moment of silence, a silent communication that only they could understand.

"We mean no harm," she said, her voice deep and soothing. "Welcome to Trolltopia."

Despite the tense situation, I felt a sense of relief. We had found the Heart of Stone, and she was not our enemy. Our journey into the heart of Trolltopia had just taken an unexpected turn, and I could sense that it was just the beginning of our adventure in this new land.