46: Honour Pt 1

an; I'm so sorry for the delay in writing! I've been travelling a lot for work recently and not had much time. I hope you enjoy the chapter!

A silent yawn escaped your parted mouth as you sleepily combed through your locks. It was 5.30 in the morning, no one was allowed to talk to you for at least the next hour. Those were the rules.. but you knew Shoko and the girls would be hammering your door down within the next half an hour.

Dragging your feet out of the bathroom you perched yourself on the end of the bed, glancing over to your bedside table.
An object caught your eye, instantly making the corners of your lips crease into a warm smile.
You edged closer to it, gently grasping it in your fingers and studying it's surface in detail. You let out a satisfied hum before slipping the item into your clutch bag. "Not for today.." you whispered.

Bang, bang!

The loud thud of multiple fists on your door made you jump up out of your seat.
"You've got 5 seconds to open this door, we have hair, makeup and most importantly.. prosecco!" Mei Mei's sultry voice slipped through the closed door.
"Ok, ok!"
Within minutes of you letting them in, they were already setting up shop. The makeup artist was unpacking her brushes in front of the vanity table and the hairstylist was already fiddling with pieces of your hair. You flapped your arms around your head hoping she'd get the hint to leave you alone for a moment. "Don't make me turn into bridezilla this early in the morning" you groaned.

"Stop moaning" Mei Mei ushered you towards the chair in front of the mirror, plonking you down and holding out a glass of fizz directly in your line of sight.
You unapologetically sighed and looked towards Shoko for support.
Your friend shrugged, "She's going to keep on until you take it"
You looked back to your silver haired friend who nodded in agreement with her words. "Fine" You took the glass and took a big mouthful. "Happy?"
"For now.." she winked.

"Y/n come on already! We're desperate to see you out here!" A female voice yelled shortly before another shushed her into silence.
The pit of your stomach was turning with nerves, within the hour you'd be married. Married!
You couldn't even say it out loud, it didn't feel real. You smoothed out the delicate ivory fabric of your dress as you took one final look in the mirror. Ok, show time.

As you clicked the door handle down the muffled whispers instantly silenced. You slowly prized it open and stepped out into the light of the room. A mixture of faces stared back at you, some wide eyed, open mouthed, beaming, crying.. you weren't sure if these were good reactions or not?
Your eyebrows furrowed waiting for someone to say something.. anything!

"Mom, you look so beautiful"

There it was. The words you wanted to hear from the most important person in the room, your baby girl.
Yuna burst through the bustle of people and plunged deep into your dress, burying her face into garment she took a deep inhale. "Thanks sweetheart" you stroked her hair lovingly before she stepped back to admire you once more.
No one would ever look better than you did right in this moment.