9: Toji Fushiguro

"Thank you for coming with us y/n"
Riko gave an appreciative smile. Honestly it was the least you could do. Satoru and Suguru had prepped themselves to take Riko to Tengen that very morning, just as they were about to head off into the outskirts of Jujustu High's wooded area Riko had asked if you could accompany them. It seemed she'd developed a fondness of you and the feeling was very much reciprocated.

"It's no problem at all" you took her hand in yours and squeezed it tightly.
"We're here" Suguru stopped in his tracks before wiping his brow from the sweat it has accumulated.
Satoru sighed, "That's it, no more baby sitting jobs for me from now on". He looked at Riko and winked before his eyes widened suddenly.

The next moment felt like it was passing in slow motion. You stared in horror as a huge katana pierced it's way through Satoru's abdomen, blood gushing from the wound it had made. The crimson liquid splattered out of his mouth as the white haired male coughed.
Behind Gojo stood a ravenette haired man, his build was like nothing you had seen before. You took note of the mottled scar he had over part of his lip.

The man quickly pulled out his sword as Suguru summoned one of his worm curses at him. The worm devoured him which gave you all a small window of time. "Satoru!"
Gojo smiled at you both whilst wiping the fresh blood from his lips "I'm fine, I was able to use my technique in time. Barely a scratch" he winced.
The sight of him injured made you feel sick to your stomach. Your legs took over as you ran towards him, when you neared he held his palm out to stop you.
"No. You and Suguru take Riko to Tengen. Let me deal with this guy"

You looked back at Geto, he was frozen in shock just as you were. "Satoru.." you whispered. He faced away from you and positioned his body towards Suguru's cursed spirit. "Go"

The three of you made it inside, part of you felt relieved but the other part was still out there with Satoru. He's the most powerful sorcerer ever to exist, he'll be fine you tried to reason with yourself.

Riko looked over towards the entrance of Tengens layer, her face full of fear.
"I'm so glad I had friends like you guys".
You could see small tears gathering in her eyes. You were about to talk when Suguru spoke first. "If you don't want to do this. Then we're all just fine to take you home. You just need to say the word"

His smile. The last true smile you saw on Suguru's face. So soft, so caring, so kind.
Riko's features changed in an instant, from fear to hope.
Geto held his hand to her, she went to grasp it.

BANG!

A stray bullet entered the side of the young girls head, she collapsed onto the ground lifeless in front of you.
Both you and Geto stood in horror for a moment before turning in the direction of the gunfire.
"Oh yeah. I should probably introduce myself. I'm Toji Fushiguro"

There he was. The same person you'd left with Satoru what felt like only moments ago. But.. what did that mean? Where was Satoru?
You couldn't get your thoughts clear for long enough before Toji walked towards the pair of you, casually pulling out another katana from the vile worm curse wrapped around his shoulder.
"I'll be taking the Star Vessels body, need that as proof to the bosses. You know"
Suguru's face distorted into rage.
"Over my dead body" he summoned his rainbow dragon who went straight for the attack.

"Take Riko's body back out. Find Satoru!" He yelled as he continued to keep Fushiguro at bay.
Your voice felt hoarse, like nothing could escape it. You were torn. Part of your heart wanted to stay and help him, the other part desperately needed to find Satoru.
Tears rolled down your cheeks, you swallowed the mouthful of saliva that had accumulated before nodding at him.
"I love you y/n" he shouted one last time before turning to face his opponent for good.