14: Confession

"You said what?!"

Gojo buried his face into this hands, grimacing as he did so. "Yeah I know" he groaned, fully expecting the telling off he was about to receive.
"Why would that of ever been a good idea Satoru! The poor girl already has enough on her plate"

The petite brunette scoffed, disgruntingly waving her half eaten cheese and pickle sandwich in his face. He couldn't argue with her, it was a stupid thing to have said in the heat of the moment.
After the words had left his lips that night there was utter silence, you had no idea what to say to him and he had no idea how to claw himself out of the awkward situation he'd put you both in.

"And what about Suguru? Have you lost your mind, seriously?"
Shoko continued to verbally rip him a new one, which he fully deserved. Even though he loved you more than anything, it was selfish to have put you in that situation considering the circumstances. And to top it off, he'd confessed his love to his best friends' long term girlfriend.

It was a crisp morning, the sun beat down on the empty school yard. It was the weekend and a lot of students commuted home to see their families which made the grounds feel desolate. You and your friends were the odd ones that found comfort in their chosen families rather than their birth ones so most of you remained on school premises out of studying hours.
"I'm going to apologise to her at her birthday dinner tonight" he waved his hands defensively. "And Geto? Are you going to talk with him"

Gojo reflected on her words before responding. "Would that actually do any good? Nothings going to happen with us"
The girl raised her eyebrow sarcastically as she replied "Sure ok"

"Is Suguru even coming tonight?" he asked, genuinely curious. Shoko shrugged, "he was invited, whether he'll turn up or not is a different story"

Mei ~
Absolutely buzzing for tonight! Everyone better be dressed to impress

Shoko ~
Wouldn't expect anything less for y/n's birthday!

Satoru ~
Shall I wear my birthday suit?

Mei ~
Please don't

~ You
Meet at Junghoo's at 5 sharp :)
Drinks at Shochu after, no excuses!

Suguru ~
Won't be able to make it - sorry.

Read by everyone at 11.52

I'm beyond caring at this point honestly.

That was the thought that sat forefront of your mind as you got ready for your birthday dinner. You'd gone past the point of mourning your relationship, if he didn't want to bother then you were done. It made you feel sick inside but you kept telling yourself it was for the best. He obviously didn't care anymore, so neither would you.

You glided the mascara brush through your lashes, gently blinking a few times to ensure the liquid had covered them adequately.
You decided you were going slutty tonight, fuck it!
You'd picked out a beautiful khaki green mini dress, the fabric was light the delicately floated ontop of your skin. To pair with it you'd picked out your thigh high beige suede boots. Your supple skin being teased between the heels and the garment.

"Are you ready yet? We've got to leave in exactly 15 minutes!" Shoko yelled from the other room. How the hell did such a tiny person have such a loud voice?
"Yep 2 secs"
You waltzed over to your full length mirror and posed yourself a few times. Something was missing from the outfit but you couldn't quite put a finger on it.

A quiet knocking projected from your bedroom door. "Shoko you can just come in, you don't have to knock"
You continued to fixate on your reflection whilst desperately fiddling with your hair to make sure it was perfect. Why you needed it to be perfect was perplexing. Were you trying to impress a certain someone?

"No need to mess about with your hair dummy. You always look perfect to me"

Your cheeks instantly redden as the males hot breath reached your nape.
He finally arrived to where you were standing and rested his chin on your shoulder.
"Damn we look good together Tatsuya, don't you think?"

Yep, he'd said to Shoko he was going to drop the flirting but it just wasn't possible. Any time he saw you he just couldn't think straight, any chance of rational thinking went straight out of the window.

Your crimson pupils fixated on the vision in front of you. He was right, you did look good together.

"What are you doing here?" Your voice came out all nervous. Satoru noticed which made him grin with confidence.
"Well I thought I'd surprise you and I wanted to apologise for the other night". He rubbed the back of his head sheepishly before continuing. "Plus I've got a gift for you and I'd like to give it to you alone". You turned to him with perplexed look across your features. "No no, turn back around and close your eyes"

You obeyed, spinning back to your previous position and squeezing your lids tightly closed. The next thing you felt was the delicate graze of his fingers around your neck. A cool material laced gingerly around your throat, the temperature making you flinch momentarily. It was obvious he was longing the process out, partly to keep you waiting but mostly because he craved the touch of your skin.

He delicately clasped the jewellery shut, savouring one last graze of his fingers down the crease of your shoulder blades.

"Ok gorgeous, you can open them"

The word gorgeous made your stomach flip and sent shivers down your spine, every hair follicle on your body felt like it was standing to attention. You flutter your long lashes open to see the most beautiful white gold choker. The jewellery was dragon shaped.

You were admiring it in the mirror when a glint of sparkling emerald caught your eye. You knew that colour, you'd dreamed that colour every night since the fight with Fushiguro.

"Is that?" words failed you. Your firey orbs filling with fluid as you blinked back the tears.

"It's Catos' ashes. I've immortalised them into the emerald for you. Now he'll be with you every day". He brushed some of your long porcelain locks behind your ear to get a better look at your face.

"Happy Birthday baby"

an; credit to unknown artist