2.9 - Matilda

Matilda - Harry Styles
"Matilda, you talk of the pain like it's all alright
But I know that you feel like a piece of you's dead inside"

Matilda - Harry Styles "Matilda, you talk of the pain like it's all alrightBut I know that you feel like a piece of you's dead inside"

(Aurora's pov)

Blood. Dark red blood. Stains my hands. My light pink dress. Friggas blood.

I rush back into the chambers I reside in. I practically rip my dress off, feeling like it was suffocating me. Now I'm left in my bra and underwear, anyone can walk in but I could care less.

I hurry into the bathroom attached to it and go over to the sink. Cranking the water to scorching hot, I close my eyes begin washing the blood off my hands. Scrubbing my hands raw.

'Why didn't I step in' I ask my self as I scrub my hands even harder. The blood now washed off. But I'm too consumed in my thoughts to care.

What snaps me out of my thoughts is the sound of guards stomping down the hall. I look up at the mirror. My hair is a mess and my eyes are red. But something else catches my eye, causing my heart to drop.

The red vains that once we're spreading on my right arm, have now spread onto my chest. Long glowing red vains spread out like vines across the top of my chest.

"What the fuck" I whisper to myself. Why the fuck did I go along with Thor. I guess curiosity does kill the cat. I continue to stare at myself in the mirror.

I push myself away from the counter and grab the pajamas that I was wearing when I arrived to Asgard. I could care less if I will look out of place. I am. I shouldn't be here. But I need to go visit Loki.

I throw my clothes on and snap my finger. In a pink mist I am brought down to the cells. Standing in front of Lokis.

"What are you doing here" the ravin haired god says

Loki seems to be standing looking around but I know better.

"Drop the illusion Loki." I say stepping though the yellow barrier.

"I have no idea what your talking about love" he muses with a smirk.

"Now!" I demand

With that Loki looks down and disappears in a green mist.

I look around his, once perfectly clean cell, which is now destroyed.
I also noticed Loki. He's sitting on the ground, his eyes red, hair messy and his foot is bleeding.

Blood. Dark red blood.

The sight of the blood makes my stomach turn. All I can see now is Friggas blood.

"Is this what you wanted to see" Loki rasps, breaking me out of my thoughts.

I don't say anything. I just walk over to him and sit down on the ground next to him.
We sit in a silence. Sad. But safe.

"Friggas dead" He mumbled Turing to look at me.

I nod my head weakly "I know" I whisper looking him in his eyes.

"I was there." I add. Unsure of his reaction.

Lokis gaze hardened "what" he snapped

"Why didn't you do anything? W-why didn't you help her!?" He spits

"I wanted to-" I tried to argue

"But you didn't. You stood by not doing anything. That makes you just as bad as them." he spits

"I tried to help her. I wanted to step in but she told me not too." I confessed, my heart breaking from his words. I can see the sadness in his eyes but his words cut deep.

"I wanted to. I really wanted to Loki." I say, now on the verge of tears

Loki now is looking at me with a guilty look in his eyes. He scoots over closer to me.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that... I mean it's all my fault." He says, tears begin to trickle down his cheeks

I reach my arm over his shoulder and pull him next to me. He leans his head onto my shoulder. Now crying.

"What do you mean it's your fault?" I ask softly

Loki hesitates, catching his breath.

"I-I told the beast to take the left stairs. I lead him to her.... To both of you." He confessed

"Oh Loki" I breath out

"It's ok. It's not your fault you had no idea." I say brushing his knotted hair with my fingers.

"But it is-" he tried to say but I interrupt

"No. It's not. You did not do that with the intent of hurting your mother. You couldn't of known. So stop saying it was your fault." I told him sternly.

Loki stays quiet. And we both sit here in his cell , leaning on each other.

"Thank you..." Loki says lifting his lead off my shoulder turning to me. His blue eyes staring deeply into mine.

"Of course" I say with a soft smile.

We both continue to look at each other, slowly I noticed him leaning in and glancing at my lips.  I also find myself leaning in.
Suddenly he connects his lips with mine. I close my eyes and kiss back. Fireworks go off in my stomach.

'No' I tell my self

I quickly pull away and put my hands on Lokis chest. Loki stares at me with a mix of confused and hurt eyes.

"We shouldn't have done that" I say glancing down.

"What ever do you mean?" He rasps

"You aren't thinking clearly. Your drowning in grief-." I try to continue but Loki interrupts me

"I am thinking clearly." He snaps
"I wanted to kiss you. I have wanted too." He continued, he grabs my hand that was resting on his chest.

I nod my head and go to say something else but  the sound of familiar foot steps fill the air.

"Thor" Loki whispers

(AN)
Sorry about the slow updates
School has been kicking my ass 🥲
But tomorrow im gonna be so productive and write a few parts 🤞
Xoxo 💋