5: The truths, the lies and the attack.

****

"Her name is Denise Eleniyan like use claimed it was, she is sixteen, and a child to a single mother. Attends queen's college and is exceptionally intelligent. Think of any game or sport she is there. From what I learnt front the school, she is gifted but her family was no well off. She has been going to competitions like this for her school. From the CCTV footage from the school, there was nothing unusual about everything she did throughout the day. She is clean."

Shettima nodded, he clenched his jaw staring at the girl in the picture, she was smiling at the camera and looked too much like his daughter. They could pass for each other. That was where the problem lied. His wife was furious with everyone of them about how they were handling the issue but he was thankful to Electra for calling the police. He did not believe that innocent face one bit. He was going to get to the bottom of all of this, soon.

When Denise saw her mother for the first time, she threw her hands around her and hugged her tightly. Tears of joy flowed from her eyes and she promised herself never to disappoint the poor woman again.

That was a month ago, things were slowly going back to normal. She still had nightmares about what she went through in that cell but her life was generally going back to normal. Dunni had been very quiet at first was finally talking and interacting with them again, much to everyone's relief.

She did not tell her mother the exact reason those people detained her for fear that her mother may turn hysteria. Rich people in Nigeria had all the power in the world to do and undo and all they could do was dance to their tune.

"Denise! Have you seen the latest Retro pictures?! They are fire!" she giggled. Denise shook her head. She did not want to think of those boys because it would remind her of that awful school.

They were currently in their living, waiting for their mother rot return from work. Their mother bought a phone for Denise a month ago to help her with her studies but Dunni was mostly the one who used it.

"Did you know the attend that Bellrich school?" Dunni asked with innocent excitement. Denise sighed and closed her notebook.

"You should really be studying Dunni, your junior WAEC is coming up." Dunni shrugged and Denise sighed, sh as not going to listen to her.

"Apparently they don't make their relationship public! Can you imagine who must be dating those fine boys!"

"Again you should be studying, not checking Instagram for some snobby rich kids cosplaying singers."

"Whoa man, dial it down! Retro is a very book band!" Dunni shrugged. "That is not really my concern, I am never meeting them anyways."

"You such a joy killer sometime," Dunni said and continued scrolling.

A knock slammed on the door, making both of them jolt, they blinked and turned to the door, "who is that?" Dunni yelled, her eyes darting to her sister.

"It is me! You people should come and open the door! Be fast!" Their mother snapped. Dunni ran to the door and opened it. Mama Dunni busted into the living room, she looked terrified, like she had just seen a ghost.

"Mummy, good evening." Dunni and Denise greeted. She ran into their room and they followed her wondering what was going on. She tiptoed and brought down one of the ghana-must-go, sitting lazily on their wardrobe. She started grabbing Denise's clothes and throwing it into the ghana-must-go.

"Mummy, what's wrong? Why are you packing my stuff too?"

"We don't have time for question! Quickly help me pack everything! You are going to go and stay with your aunty in Ibadan for the time being."