Chapter 8

Ciscra's POV

I was lost in his embrace, his scent,and everything that had to do with him. I knew I wanted him, my heart yearned out for him. I can't explain why I craved and wanted him this much.

And I knew I needed to control myself, I can't get carried away by whatever these feelings are, I had a goal and I knew I needed to meet it, loving the King's second in command would bring me some advantages.

As soon as I felt his hands slipping into my dress, I knew I needed to stop this.

"Stop!" I said, and I could see his eyes widen while he laid on top of me. He hurriedly stood up from me as he looked at me with guilt.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to do that... I got carried away," he responded.

I sat up as I took a good look at him. I wasn't mad at him for touching me, and I enjoyed it, but I couldn't go any further or I may regret it.

"It's okay... it's just that it's getting overwhelming and I am not really... you know," I stammered as I avoided his gaze. I could feel my cheek burning from the blush, and I knew my face was red at this point.

I felt his hands on my chin as he brought my chin up, and I looked into his eyes. He smiled at me gently.

"Then I wouldn't rush you anymore," he replied and leaned in as he gave me a quick peck. I could feel tingles on my cheek where he had left his kiss.

"What do you really want with me?" I asked. He stood up as he averted his gaze.

"I already told you, I want you," he replied.

I stood up and straightened my dress. I knew he was hiding something from me, but I couldn't tell what. I knew the context of mates, and I couldn't tell if I was his. The way my heart beats for him and the way he makes me feel, I wouldn't be surprised if I turned out to be his mate. Gathering up the courage in me, I asked.

"Am I your mate?"

He turned towards me as he looked into my eyes. He walked towards me slowly as I held my breath, anticipating the words that would leave his lips. If I was his mate, what would it mean for me?

"No," he responded, and I could feel my breath stop at that moment. For some reason, my chest hurt, and I felt like I could break down and cry.

"But you are to be my mistress, stay in here. Never leave the room, everything you want would be provided for you by your maid," he responded, and before I could oppose his decision, he turned and left, leaving me in the room speechless.

Fuck him, if he was going to think he could hold me up in here. Without thinking, I took off my glamor as I sighed in anger. My hair fell down to my feet as I could feel my eyes glow.

The last time I had relieved myself of magic and took shape into myself was several nights ago. I had enchanted Theresa into a deep sleep while I lay in my real skin.

I was tired of laying around waiting for the king to appear. I searched every nook and cranny of this castle and asked everyone I knew who worked on the upper floor, but no one could tell me where I could find the lycan who knew the prison of my mother.

Looking around the room, I knew this room was meant for a queen. But it doesn't make sense to me why a lycan would want me when I am not his mate, and it turns out he must be close to the king if he gets to put me in here.

I walked to the door and I discovered it was locked. Using a simple spell, I got it opened. The west wing was right next to the forbidden quarters of the king, and all I have to do was to sneak right into the quarters. I may catch a glimpse of the king.

But before I do, I change myself back to my disguise. Leaping out of the room, I rushed out to the hallway. There was no one, which made me believe I was alone.

I continued down the hallway till I came to the entrance of the west wing. I knew there were guards on duty at the entrance, and I knew what just to do to them.

I knew I had to get out somehow, and something told me the guards would stop me. Murmuring a little spell that I knew like the back of my hand, I whispered to my finger, feeling the magic surge through me as it began to glow gold. Satisfied, I walked out into the hallway, steeling myself for what lay ahead.