[EP16] The truth about Phuwin and Dunk

Phuwin had ushered Dunk into the room. He had clung on tightly to Dunk as he saw the lab that they were in. Labs didn't bore well for both Dunk and him. He helped Dunk to his seat since he was blind. He told Dunk that there were four people seated in front of them. One of them was wearing a lab coat with a kind smile on his face, the person beside him had held his gaze with warmth in his eyes. He couldn't understand the other two person beside them. They were clutching each other's hands tightly with tears rimming in their eyes.  

The person in the lab coat introduced himself as Mix and the person beside him as Earth, his husband. He introduced the other couple by the name of Tay and New. They had smiled brightly when they were introduced.

"I met Earth during my time at the military. I was tasked along with my team to build a special team to aid the military force. Tay and New were my very first creation. Then came you" He looked towards Phuwin and Dunk. Phuwin and Dunk squeezed each other's hands in support of each other. They didn't like where this story was going. 

"When I heard of the plans that the general had, it didn't bode well with me. They were forming a military coup to overthrow the government. They were planning to use all of you as a means to an end. To me, you are my biggest creation. You are life. A living human being. I had to get the four of you out of there. Phaibun was my assistant, he was tasked to get the both of you out of there since you were only three, and it would be easy for him. Earth and I were getting Tay and New out since it's a more challenging task with them being full grown adults. But I guess it goes without saying that things didn't go as plan." Phuwin hugged Dunk as they tried to forget the past that haunted them.  

"Phaibun went rogued, we had the military coup on our back. We had to lay low. It was challenging to look for the both of you. I'm glad khun Apo was able to find us after all these years." Phuwin and Dunk nodded their head. They could never blame them for the danger they were in. They really didn't know if it would have been a better outcome. 

"Can you cure my brother?" Phuwin asked. 

"Khun Apo told me what had happened. It is to be expected since the both of you were on your own for so long. You didn't get the proper care that was needed during the important stage of your lives." Dunk panicked at what Mix said. 

"Does it mean my brother will end up like me? Can you help my brother? As long as he doesn't end up like me." Dunk begged. Phuwin shook his head.

"We're here for you, Dunk. I'm fine. Please Dunk, let them help you. I don't want to lose you" Phuwin sobbed as he hugged him

"I'm too far gone, Phu. Please, for the sake of Pond and Neung." Dunk begged as he stroked his hair. 

"Mai huang na (don't worry). Both of you will be fine.  I'll do right by the both of you. With Tay and New here, the very people who gave birth to you. It shouldn't be an issue. We have all we need. It was a miracle for New to be able to carry a child but a set of twins! That was beyond amazing." Mix had looked at the situation as a scientist who had succeeded in his experiment. But to Phuwin and Dunk, all they heard were that their parents were sitting across them- the parents they thought they never had. 

They weren't just the result of an experiment.  They weren't the abomination they thought they were. They had parents, real parents! They were right there in front of them.  

"Paaw? Pa?"Phuwin and Dunk couldn't help the uncertainty in their tone as they said it together. Tay and New had rushed forward to hug them. 

"My sons, finally. I always dreamt of this day. I suspected when I saw you on TV. Those eyes. I will never forget those eyes. My Phu, My Dunk. Finally." New sobbed as he squeezed them tight. Tay had hugged them just as hard. He was unable to voice his thoughts as the emotions overwhelming him. It's been so many years. Though he wanted to keep the hope up for New, he had felt hopeless. When New mentioned that the celebrities he saw on TV looked like their sons, he had entertained him. Whatever to keep him going, he couldn't lose him too. When Mix told them, someone had contacted him about their sons, he was in disbelieve. 

It became real when they sat in front of him. He held New back but he was equally as excited as him. The moment Mix disclosed who they really were and to hear their sons call them Paaw and Pa, that was it. He could no longer hold the emotion back. The four of them were a sobbing mess. Mile squeezed Apo's shoulder as he teared at their reunion. Mix had smiled at them as Earth hugged him.    

***

Dunk felt the warm solid form of his parents. He had never in his life thought that it was possible to meet his parents or that they even existed. This was the only time that he wished he hadn't gone blind as his health deteriorated. He wished he could see them before he went. He touched New's face, trying to map how he looked like. He moved on to Tay's face next.

"If only I could see... I want to know what my Paaw and Pa look like" He couldn't hide the sound of regret in his voice. Tay and New held Dunk's hands.

"Khun moor (doctor) will fix you. He will. There's nothing he can't do." Tay said with confidence. It was the first time he held hope in his voice. They hugged Dunk and Phuwin once again. They didn't want to lose their connection with their sons. It still felt so surreal after so many decades.

Dunk didn't dare to hope but he wanted to.  

~Please vote if you like this EP. It drives me forward. Khoorp khun na kha~

Do comment to let me know your thoughts. 😊😊 

***

A/N: surprise! 🤣🤣. Phuwin and Dunk's parents- Tay New 🤭🤭. What do you think? 

Jai yen jai yen na (stay calm)... There will be 1 more EP on Phu and Dunk before we get back to Joong.

 There will be 1 more EP on Phu and Dunk before we get back to Joong

Tay & New

And of course Earth and Mix

Back to the story of Mile and Apo that I didn't get to squeeze into the series

Back to the story of Mile and Apo that I didn't get to squeeze into the series. so, I've mentioned before in the prequel that they are mafias right? they heard about this special project that the military had. Well, Mile heard of it. He wanted to get a hand on it but didn't want the other mafia organization to know, so Apo followed up on it. They weren't able to track Earth, Mix, Tay and New but it was easy to find Phaibun. The moment he saw Dunk, Phuwin and Dew, he didn't think it was right at all. So, he adopted both Dunk and Phuwin instead, while his brother, Barcode took Dew in. Of course, Mile listened to his husband and forgo his original idea but other mafia organizations caught wind of what they planned to do so they fled when Dunk and Phuwin were 16. Eventually, the other mafia organization groups thought that it was just rumour since there weren't any difference in Mile's organization. That about sums it all up.