[EP8] Reacting to Dunk's illness

Joong had decided to stay overnight with Dunk in the hospital. When Kluen suggested Dao to stay with him so that there was someone with him, Dunk had squeezed his arm before he lash out at that boy. He sighed and nearly bit his tongue as he tried to keep his words in. He didn't want to upset his husband in the condition that he is in. If he ever wondered how Dao gets away with things, it was probably Dunk's doing. He could never say no to that pout. His son had learnt to pout the same.

Dunk had fallen asleep instantly after Dao left. Joong slid into bed with him, it was big enough for the both of them. He looked at his husband as he slept. His features softens as the worry lines left him. He hugged him tight. No matter how hard, he couldn't hold the tears back. He tried not to make any sound in fear of waking Dunk up. It was tough. The doctors couldn't understand why Dunk's body was starting to fail. He had just done a thorough check up at the beginning of the year and he was in great condition. It didn't make sense.  He hoped that boy can help Dunk. Dao mentioned that he promised to find a way. He won't allow himself to lose Dunk.

He just can't lose him.

***

When Pond told Phuwin what the doctor said, he didn't know what to think.  He didn't understand how or why Dunk could just accept his health condition without a fight. He didn't even have the full picture of his health condition. Was it because he felt that he had achieve all that he needed to? He had Joong, the love of his life and now Dao already has a faen. Did he feel that he can close the chapter because of this?  

Pond tried to massaged the frown off Phuwin's forehead and coaxed him to bed. There really wasn't much that they could do at the moment until they either find the reason for it or a cure for it. Phuwin had a restless sleep that night after learning what the doctor had said. He dreamt of the past, his time in Phaibun's lab. Dunk and him had always hugged each other to sleep. Whenever they heard footsteps, they would tremble in fear. Dunk would always ask him to hide underneath the bed, he pull on the sheets so it overlaps the gap underneath the bed. He had hoped that they wouldn't notice him. It succeeded most of the time but not always. Phuwin would always cover his mouth to keep himself from crying when they took Dunk away.  

Dunk had asked Dao to call him loong because he felt that he was like a big brother who had always taken care of him since they escaped from Phaibun. It didn't matter that none of them knew who was the first to greet the world. But Dunk had forgotten the time he had taken care of him when they were in the lab. 

Pond could see the dark circle underneath Phuwin's eyes the next morning. He had asked if he wanted time off, he could tell Paaw Jack if needed. Phuwin shook his head. He needed to work. He don't think he can stew in those thoughts. The thought of losing his only twin was hard on him.  

Pond and him had a different schedule that day. He was zoning in and out of the interview that he was doing to promote his latest movie. He had tried to concentrate the best that he could but he was failing up until the point when he heard the fans cheering suddenly. It sparked his curiosity. When he looked up, that's when he saw his husband-Pond.

Pond must have been worried about him for him to come check on him and give him his silent support. He couldn't help the smile that graced his face. Pond had always known when he needed him. He was his muse. It lighten his mood and help him put his head in the game. 

***

Back at Lertratkosum residence....

Palm was wondering what Neungdiao was up to as he looked high and low through his parents' room while they were out. He didn't feel like leaving a bad impression when they haven't even met. That's when he heard an excited sound from Neungdiao. He found the phone that his Pa hid well. He made sure that Palm and him put everything back in place. Palm's memory had helped them well in this task. He left a voice message after the beep.

"Dtaa Apo (Grandpa Apo), Naa Dunk (Uncle Dunk) is sick..." He went on to explain as simple as he can on a voice message. When he ended the call, he couldn't help but cry in Palm's arms. He had to be strong for Dao but in front of Palm, he could finally let go. 

~Please vote if you like this EP. It drives me forward. Khoorp khun na kha~

Do comment to let me know your thoughts. 😊😊 

---

A/N: This was kinda hinted from the prequel. Dunk did a lot to protect Phuwin during their time at the lab and there is still quite a bit more to uncover about their past.