[EP9] Remember me when I'm well

Dunk knew his health was failing the moment he asked Joong if he could pass down his wedding ring when Dao gets married. He hadn't been feeling well for a while but he managed to hide it well. He realized what a right decision it was as looked into Joong's worried eyes. Now that he knows, it was more challenging but Dunk tried hard to spare him from the pain. He would do anything to take the worry out of mind. 

Dunk smiled as much, hoping the cheerful disposition will soothe Joong's worry. They were happily chatting while having a meal at home before he started coughing uncontrollably. Joong had quickly grab him a glass of warm water. He had tried to drink it amidst his cough. He couldn't help the blood that came out of his lips, dyeing the clear water red. Joong's heart clenched at the scene. 

"I'm okay, Joong. I'm okay." Dunk had smiled but Joong knew he was no where near okay.   

***

Dunk saw how obsessed Joong got in finding a cure for him. He saw how upset his son, Dao got until he could no longer find inspiration for his drawing. He also saw how pressured Kluen was in finding a cure for him. He sighed. He didn't want to go this way. He forced Joong to put the books away. 

"Can we have a family trip? The whole family? Dao, Pond, Phu and Neung. We definitely can't forget Palm and Kluen. Dew and his family as well? It's been a while since we got everyone together?" Joong nodded with a smile. He couldn't deny Dunk anything. Not at this stage. Dunk beamed as he rushed to inform the others. 

Anything to see you smile, my sunflower.

***

Kluen had told them that his parents has a resort in Hua Hin. He had brought them to their latest branch. Dunk had smiled when he saw the name "talay kaawng Dao" (Dao's beach). Dao had blushed and told Kluen that it was too much to ask of his parents. Joong had raised his eyebrow when he saw it but didn't say anything. Palm had elbowed Kluen whispering loudly what a good move it was. Pond had cleared his throat. He wasn't amused by Palm's action. Palm had promptly straighten his back. Phuwin had then elbowed Pond who wrapped his arms around him to appease him. Neungdiao had smiled behind his hand as he pretended to cough. Dew couldn't hide his smile either. Dunk felt that it was the right call to ask for this trip. 

***

Dunk looked on as others played in the water. Joong had accompanied him on the sand. 

"Don't you want to go into the water?" He asked Joong. 

"I just want to be by your side." Dunk had smiled at his answer and caressed his cheeks. 

"Yim noi (smile a little). Smile for me." Dunk whispered before giving him a sniff kiss. Joong tried his best and gave him a small smile. 

"That's a better look on you. lhor jang loey (so handsome)." Joong couldn't help the huff of laughter on his lips. How could his husband say that after so many years and the sleepless nights that he had. He would be far from handsome at this point but when he looked into Dunk's eyes, he saw the truth of what he believed in and the love that he held for him. He couldn't help but kiss him on the lips. 

How can I ever let you go?       

Joong can't imagine a day without him.

***

Joong had made slow love to Dunk that night. They were savouring each and every touch. Dunk tried to remember every sound and moan that Joong made, every look of ecstasy that graced his face. They ended the night with a slow kiss. 

"Gu rak meung na. Gu rak meung dtor lott bpai. Hua jai kaawng gu jak bpen kaawng meung samuur. (I love you, I will love you forever. My heart will always be yours)" Dunk whispered as Joong leaned his head against him. 

"Gu rak meung meun gan. (I love you too)" Dunk stroke Joong's hair as he heard Joong uttered the same sentiment to him. 

"It's because I love you, I want you to live well. Forget about me" Dunk's iris held a thin glow as he utters the last sentence. Joong was in a trance as he heard those words. Dunk pushed Joong onto the bed. 

"Sleep." Dunk instructed. Joong's eyes closed on command. He had wipe Joong clean, he held Joong's hand to his cheek before laying a kiss. He laid a kiss on his forehead. He couldn't hold in the tears as he got up. His tears fell on Joong's cheek as it rolled down his face.

"I love you." he whispered as he closed the door. 

~Please vote if you like this EP. It drives me forward. Khoorp khun na kha~

Do comment to let me know your thoughts. 😊😊 

---

A/N: 2 EPs today. no words today😅😅 just bear with the process... we are reaching the angst stage