[EP20] Bringing the enemy to the door

Luke had 2 men in Palm's car while Neungdiao was with him. one of them was at the passenger seat aiming the gun at Palm, while the other was aiming at Kluen, while Kluen hugged Dao tightly in his arms. He tried to comfort Dao to his best ability. 

Palm realized what a bad idea it was to bring them to the lab when he saw the amount of military vehicles that joined them halfway through the trip. He doesn't think that Neungdiao will ever forgive him for leading the enemy to his family.

***

Palm watched as Neungdiao stumbled out of the car as they pushed him. 

"Well, what are you waiting for?!" Luke asked as he pushed the gun to Neungdiao's head to make sure Palm comply. 

"I don't have the access to the door. We need Neung to ask his parents to open the door." Luke pushed Neungdiao to the intercom. Neungdiao glared at Luke. 

"You need to stand further away. It's a video com. My parents are paranoid. They'll need to see all four of us before they'll open the door." 

"I don't trust you. Just the both of you" He pointed towards Palm while holding Kluen and Dao back. Neungdiao rolled his eyes. He pressed the intercom. His Paaw and Pa's face came to the screen. 

"What took you so long? Where's Dao and Kluen?" Neungdiao looked back towards Luke with a "I told you so" look. He pushed both of them forward. 

"I'm here, loong." Dao's voice was laced with anxiety as he waved towards Phuwin. Dao didn't look quite right to him.

"Pa, please ask loong Earth to open the door. Did you keep my favourite strawberry shortcake for me? Is it still in the back fridge? I'm starving. Look at Dao, he could faint right here. He probably need more than a few dozen cakes to feel right again." That's when Phuwin knew something was wrong. Sure, Dao loves strawberry shortcakes as much as Dunk but Neungdiao was partial when it comes to desserts. He seemed to be speaking in codes. There were probably more than dozen people behind them and their leader was probably somewhere to their right. He grabbed Pond's hand and wrote what he understood from Neungdiao's message. Pond went in search for Earth in a hurry. 

"urhh... Your Paaw is asking loong Earth to unlock in a minute. While we are waiting, can you test the keypad for me to see if its working?" Neungdiao nodded his head. The moment Neungdiao key in the numeric that Phuwin asked him to, a wall came slamming down, separating them from Luke and his men. Luke's men tried to shoot at it but it had bounced back, hitting them instead. Luke cursed at how cunning they were. 

"You want to do this the hard way, don't you?" He mumbled to himself before signaling to his men to get ready to blast through the wall.  

***

Earth opened the inner door once the four of them were secured. Mix ushered them to the room where Dunk was. That was the most secure room in the whole lab. Joong didn't know what to make of what was going on. Kluen guided Dao to hide underneath the table. Dao pulled Kluen to hide along with him. He was unwilling to let him go as he trembled in fear. Tay slid a gun to Joong, whom caught it easily. He handed Kluen another gun before ushering New to hide underneath the table along with them, no matter how much he tried to resist. He pleaded to New with his eyes who finally relented. He handed him a gun and armed himself with one. Palm made sure that Neungdiao and his parents went into the room as well. He handed each of them a gun before rushing out the door.

"Palm!" Neungdiao shouted before chasing up to him. Palm stopped in his tracks as Neungdiao rushed up to him for a kiss. Palm was surprised to say the least. 

"Gu rak meung (I love you)" Neungdiao said, wanting Palm to know that no matter what, he still loves him. He didn't want Palm to think that he didn't, in case anything happened. Palm leaned in for another short kiss and voiced the same sentiment before closing the door. Pond had wanted to help too before Phuwin held him back. 

"This is serious, Pond. Sure you acted as a special force but they are the real military troop!" Phuwin had always been the logical one out of the two of them. Both of them hid behind the door along with Neungdiao. Phuwin looked towards Dunk as he floated peacefully in the suspension chamber. Joong was stationed right in front of them chamber, willing to fight anyone that would harm Dunk. They prayed that Dunk will somehow survive this chaos.

All of them had a tight grip on their gun as they waited in bated breath.    

~Please vote if you like this EP. It drives me forward. Khoorp khun na kha~

Do comment to let me know your thoughts. 😊😊 

---

A/N: aaah... the suspense... m sorry na, this is as much as I can work on, on a week day. All will be revealed tomorrow. 

The truth behind the enigma✅जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें