ACT FOURTEEN

ENT. KITCHEN.

ACTION.
Dawn returned to the kitchen and shook her head before picking up a cloth. Mars gave Dawn a guilt-ridden smile for giving the kids the chocolate.

[CHARACTER-1 MARS]
"Sorry."

[CHARACTER-1 MARS] [V.O]
What? Well, he messed my car up and now it's her turn.

ACTION.
Dawn rolled her eyes and grinned before leaving the room again. Mars began talking to Hope, asking how her day at school went. Hope smiled while Mars opened her packet of Maltesers,

[CHARACTER-13 HOPE]
"It was good, but the dinner was iky! So mummy said I tan have a packed runch instead."

ACTION.
Mars looked up at Stacey, knowing money was a little tight. Stacey shook her head a little.

[CHARACTER-9 STACEY]
"Honey, it's not set in stone yet. I've still to pay for a few things, so it all depends on how everything goes."

ACTION.
Mars sees her sister's embarrassment of not being able to manage Hope's birthday arrangements. Mar sent her sister a reassuring smile, knowing how it is for them right now.

[CHARACTER-1 MARS]
"Well, here's an idea. Maybe ask Mrs Ainsley to have a word with the dinner lady? I'm sure she'll understand and help you pick out the foods you like best. And if the mean dinner lady gives you any lip, tell her your auntie Mars with come down and kick her butt!"

ACTION.
Stacey's eyes opened wide as Hope began to laugh.

[CHARACTER-9 STACEY]
"Don't you dare, missy. Don't listen to your auntie Mars when she says things like that."

ACTION.
Stacey then looked up from Hope to look at Mars, giving her a look to tell her to behave. Mars just grinned and shrugged her shoulder. At that moment, Dawn returned.

[CHARACTER-10 DAWN]
"So, Mars, what were you going to say about this new flatmate?"

ACTION.
The camera is on Dawn when she asks this while she's rinsing out her damp cloth at her kitchen sink, looking a little stressed, but not too stressed to forget about Mars's new flatmate. Mars rolled her eyes.

QUICK CUT.
CAMERA CUTS TO MARS.

[CHARACTER-1 MARS] [V.O]
Bollocks, I wish I never said anything at all now.

ACTION.
Stacey's eyes snapped up at the mention of "flatmate" and then the twenty questions began.

[CHARACTER-9 STACEY]
"Wait, what? You've got a new flatmate? Ooo, what's she like? Is she nice? How old is she? Does she have a boyfriend? Where's she from?"

ACTION.
Mars's eyes opened wide then grinned.

[CHARACTER-1 MARS] [V.O]
Christ, take a breather woman!

ACTION.
Mars held up her hand, stopping Stacey from continuing.

[CHARACTER-1 MARS]
"Hold ya bloody horses, woman. Okay. It's a man for a start,"

ACTION.
Mars huffed and wiped her brow in frustration, knowing this conversation would get serious.

[CHARACTER-1 MARS]
"Okay, I'll tell you everything, just chill with the twenty questions."

ACTION.
Mars grinned while Stacey agreed with a grin of her own. Mars gave them a look, one that told them to promise to chill. They both roll their eyes but agree.