~Chapter Twenty-Three~

~ Three months later, The Wedding ~

Today I got to marry the man of my dreams. I finally get to call him my husband.

We did things differently than most couples do. Instead of getting ready in separate rooms, we got ready for the day together with all of our groomsmen together. We'd eventually decided that, besides Kuroo and Asahi, Kenma, Tanaka, Oikawa, and Iwaizumi would be on my side and Bokuto, Akaashi, Yaku and Nishinoya would be on his. The rest of the Karasuno crew, including the new first years, Kiyoko, Yachi, Ukai, and Takeda, along with more friends and all of our family had attended. Out of all the invitations we had sent out, very few had said they'd be unable to make it. The flowers we had decorating the venue were orange and white with most of the other Decorations being black. Black flowers are pretty hard to find, that's what we had found out trying to order flowers and decorations for this event.

Everything was perfect.

"Do you, Daichi Sawamura, take Koshi to be your lawfully wedded husband?" Our officiant asked.

"I do." He smiled.

"Koshi Sugawara, so you take Daichi to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

"I do." I smiled too.

"I now pronounce you legally married. You may now kiss the groom." We leaned in for a kiss and the crows went wild with cheers and claps for us. This was probably the happiest moment of my life. I was now legally Koshi Sawamura.

~*~

At the reception, a few of our friends gave speeches. The ones from our best men and our coach were the best.

"I've known these two, and have been best friends with them, since our first year at Karasuno. All of us were new to the school and had joined the Volleyball club. We met in the gym, and from day one these two have attached at the hip. Making plans to practice even after we just had practice, doing school work together, everything. In our third year, some things came to light and both of my best friends were struggling. At points, I worried if they'd survive it. They did, spoiler. They held each other up, and they took a break from each other when they needed to better themselves. They came out of a month long of no contact stronger than ever. I'm so proud of both of them, and Always will be. I'm so happy they're my best friends. Congratulations to you both, for the marriage and for surviving through so much. I love you guys." Asahi spoke. Daichi and I were already tearing up from some of the others, and his did not help that case.

"I met the guys in our first year of high school, but we didn't start getting close until our third year. Being honest, at first I wasn't sure what to think of them. Karasuno wasn't exactly known as a great school for our sport anymore and I was honestly scared their team all had the bad attitude of a select few people on their team. From experience, that attitude tends to rub off on others. Regardless, we all somehow bonded over some things that shouldn't be bonded over, but we got a great friendship out of it. I watched these two grow so much, go through so much, in such a short amount of time. They're strong, caring, lovable individuals and I'm so excited to see where the future takes them. There'll be ups, and downs, but I know that together the two Of you can get through anything. Congratulations guys." Kuroo smiled as he spoke. Again, tears spilled. Ukai was the last one to give a speech.

"So...I met these guys in their third year at Karasuno. Even as a coach that originally didn't want to coach the team, I took on the role and ended up meeting some of the most talented kids in the world. These two, I took on an extra father figure role for these two. They made me realize that someday I'd love to have kids, as long as they're like they are. I've never seen two people, especially at such a young age, fall into this unconditional love that they have. I've watched them struggle and fall countless times, I watched as they fought, took a break from each other, and came out stronger No matter what happened. I wish you guys nothing but the best as you continue to grow together." Ukai wasn't the best at speeches, but when he had even asked if he could throw something together for us we couldn't say no. Just that meant the world to us.

After speeches, the DJ turned some music on and the party began.

Daichi and I danced our hearts out, basking in the love and support from our friends and families. We both were overflowing with joy, love, and excitement for the future, something that neither of us had not that Long ago.

~The End~

~Word Count~
835