~Chapter Twenty-Two~

~ One Week Later, Friday ~

Today was finally the day I get to see Daichi again. To say I was nervous was an understatement. He was coming to pick me up in an hour so we have time to spend together before we go for the tux fittings. I'd already put in the necessary forms to have the day off classes, so it wasn't an issue.

So, I was currently getting up and dressed and ready to go, also packing an overnight bag for the weekend just in case.

When I was ready, I stepped outside and waited for my Fiance to get here. I hit my pen a few times, hoping it'd chill my nerves out even a little bit.

I put the pen away when I saw him pull in. He parked and got out of his car and I immediately ran into his arms. He pulled me into the biggest hug ever. God, I missed this. I missed him.

"I missed you so fucking much." I said. I was so happy I was crying as we held each other. It felt so good to be back in his arms.

"I missed you too, Koshi." He was crying too. We drove to his dorm, talking as he drove. We got caught up on how our lives were going. It was seemingly going extremely well on both ends. He told me about last week when he called Asahi. He was having similar thoughts I was, how he was so worried things wouldn't be as good when we finally saw each other again or we forgot about each other. It was a small episode, but he needed the reassurance that that wasn't going to happen.

When I told him how things went down on my end on that day, he told me how proud of me he was. He was so proud of the progress I made, and I was proud of his. We both were in an amazing spot mentally.

When we got to his place, we headed in and laid down on his bed together and cuddled. I missed his cuddles.

"I love you." I whispered as I nuzzled my face into his neck.

"I love you too, Koshi." He said, playing with my hair. I gave a few small kisses to his neck. I wasn't really trying to start anything, I just missed him. His scent, his personality, his hugs and cuddles.

"You keep that up, I swear to god..." He sighed, tugging on my hair a bit. We ended up making out right there on his bed. Seeing as it's the first, even remotely, sexual encounter either of us have had in over a month at this point, I'm not surprised both of us ended up with hard ons as soon as we were alone and had the time and ability to have some fun together.

~*~

After our fun, and some more cuddles, it was time to head to the shop Daichi had picked out to get fitted for our suits for our wedding.

Upon walking in, we were greeted by a few of the employees of the shop. They took us back to one of their private rooms and gave us some options based on what we said we were looking for. Both of us were wanting to wear white and have orange accents of some kind, seeing as those were our wedding colors. Our bridal party would be in black with orange accents, other than Kuroo and Asahi who would be in orange.

Trying on suits was honestly a lot more fun than I thought it'd be. We were goofing off and laughing with the employees the entire time. It didn't take long for us to find what we wanted either, which was nice. We placed the order with the shop after finding the suits and getting measurements to get them tailored to fit perfectly. After that, we headed back out to the car.

"So, what do we wanna do with the rest of the day? Karasuno has practice soon, we could go?" Daichi suggested.

"If you'd like to, sure. I haven't been to a practice in a hot minute."

"That's...surprising." Daichi admitted.

"I had a bit of a wake up call. Bokuto was...pretty blunt about it, as were the others. They pushed me to change and I'm glad they did." I smiled.

"You're amazing, you know that?"

"No, you." I laughed a bit.

"Practice?" He asked again.

"I gotta go back to my dorm to grab volleyball stuff, but yeah I'm down." I nodded. We headed to my dorm, I changed and got my volleyball shoes, and then his dorm for him to do the same, and then we headed to Karasuno.

We changed shoes and then headed into the gym where practice was getting started. Everyone was surprised to see us, seeing as neither of us had shown up for a while. Even Ukai was surprised.

"The hell are you two doing here?" Ukai walked over to us and laughed a bit.

"We were bored, so we decided to come and not be bored." Daichi replied.

"I take it things Are going well?"

"More than. Things are just about perfect right now." I smiled. It'd been ages since I was able to genuinely smile and not be worried about my good mood slipping away from a small trigger.

"I'm happy for you guys. Feel free to jump on in with the guys. We're Just doing drills at the moment." He said. We nodded and hopped onto the court.

I hopped into the spiking line instead of setting, seeing as the team had two setters doing their job already. Their first year setter was doing absolutely amazing. He picked up a lot of Kageyama's tips and tricks, it seems. Ace was hitting minus tempo quicks with the first year, so now there's two spikers On the team that can reliably hit these sets and two setters that can set them. This team is absolutely going places.

Eventually, we hopped into some quick games. Daichi and I ended up on opposing teams, which was fun. We were rusty, but it didn't take either of us very long to fall right back into our old ways. Even so, I knew I was gonna be sore as all hell tomorrow. I remember when I first started playing, my body hurt for months my first year playing until I got used to everything.

When practice ended, we stuck around to help clean up and also talk with some of the guys. Nishinoya was happy to see us doing well. He was getting updates on everything from both sides from Asahi and wasn't sure at first if we'd be okay doing it, but he had faith in us. Everyone did.

The guys soon filed out, having to get to bed at a decent time because they had a Saturday morning practice scheduled to prepare for a tournament. Ukai, Daichi, and I sat out on the steps to the club room for a bit.

We caught him up on our lives, how therapy and meds were going, how wedding preparations were. Oddly, for once, after talking about my mental health I didn't feel down and depressed. Even after talking About how bad it was going at first when daichi and I cut contact.

This was huge progress for me, and I honestly surprised myself. I spent so many years wondering if I'd ever get better, and now I am.

Ukai gave us the tournament schedule, and also informed us of exact dates for some upcoming camps, practice games, and tournaments so we could show up to support the team if we were able to. I was so excited to see these guys in a tournament, going against all the heavy hitter teams. I can't wait to see the damage they do to Shiratorizawa. They're going to be legends.

Eventually, it was time for us to head back to Daichi's dorm for the night. We didn't head back without grabbing food first though. We ordered take out from a local sushi place to pick up and take back with us.

~*~

Back at Daichi's place, we ate sushi as we talked some more. I was telling him about some of the crew's arcade outings, and how annoying Kuroo is with skeeball. I also invited him to come out with us the next time we go, which would be on Wednesday after I get finished with therapy. He told me about some of the stuff him and Yaku had done over the last month. They'd gone to Tokyo one weekend to visit Nekoma and watch Them practice. Kenma was surprised to see him. They ended up going to his place after practice and gaming a bit and smoking. He smoked more than I did the last month, which was surprising to me.

After we ate, we headed outside the dorm building and passed my weed pen back and forth to get a buzz going. Should've done this before eating, because munchies, but it's whatever. The day was almost perfect, and made me realize how much more I couldn't wait to spend the rest of my life with the man I got To fall asleep next to that weekend.

~Word Count~
1544