"Khun Mae..." Becky began to say, looking into the eyes of a woman who was as close to a mother she's ever had.

And before she knew what was happening, she was enveloped in a hug. And a tight one at that. Becky allowed herself to fully feel this hug, this sign of affection. And in a way it radiated deep into her bones. It was comforting, and fulfilling and overwhelming. She finally wound her frozen hands around Khun Nun too.

"It's been too long na..." Khun Nun whispered, her voice laboured, she was choking up with tears.

"I'm sorry.." Becky whispered.

There was something about the way the Chankimha women were able to break you. Becky wasn't even sure what she was apologizing for.

But Khun Nun hugged her tighter if that was even possible. And said softly, so that only she could hear, "You're not the one who needs to apologize, Becky... I..."

They're exchange was interrupted by the sound of two tiny feet running down the stairs and Beckett's voice screaming "Yaa is here!"

They both quickly pulled apart and wiped at the tears rolling down their cheeks. Beckett ran into Khun Nun's arms and she carried him up and covered his face in kisses.

"What's my baby shark been up to?" She asked.

"Yaa, meet my newest friend, P'Emi!" He said as he pointed out to the little girl who was now standing before Becky, leaning back against her, a little shy seeing that there were new faces in the house.

"Emi..." Khun Nun said as she stepped closer, and leaned down so that she could be about the same height as the little girl.

"Hi... it's nice to finally meet you na." Khun Nun said to her.

"Hi Khun Yaa. It's nice to meet you too." Emily said shyly.

Khun Nun looked up at Becky and smiled, "She's beautiful na."

Emily giggled. Becky smiled proudly.

"Would you like to see what nong Beck and I have been painting?" Emily asked Khun Nun.

"Ka, of course. How about I settle in and then you can show me na?" Khun Nun said.

"Alright!" Emily said.

Beckett wiggled himself out of Khun Nun's arms and grabbed Emily's hand pulling her away saying, "Come on phi, let's gather all the paintings together to show Yaa and Khun Pho!"

That brought Becky's attention to the man in conversation with Freen.

"I met him 2 years ago. He's a nice man." Khun Nun said to Becky in explanation.

Becky looked at Khun Nun. She knew what her late husband meant to this family. She'd been with them in their grief. She'd grieved with them too. After all these years, it was good to see Khun Nun finding love again.

"I'm sure he is." Becky said by way of acknowledgement.

Khun Nun then turned to face Becky again. "We should talk na, sometime tonight maybe."

Becky nodded, "Ka..." Becky's face hardened then, "but if it's going to be about Freen, I'm not sure I'm ready to have that conversation yet."

"It's nothing you wouldn't want to hear, waan jai.." Khun Nun reassured, with a comforting squeeze of her shoulder. Becky nodded. "Come na, let me introduce you to Khun Phom."

//

Later that night, at dinner, their dining table was surrounded. Mind and Nam had come over a little after 6 pm. Khun Nun was more than delighted to meet Mind again. They had only ever met once or twice before.