Chapter 29

The next day, as Taehyung stepped into his office, the familiar sight of desks and bustling energy brought a sense of nostalgia

The next day, as Taehyung stepped into his office, the familiar sight of desks and bustling energy brought a sense of nostalgia. J-Hope, who was engrossed in some paperwork, looked up and, upon seeing Taehyung in office attire, couldn't contain his joy.

J-Hope (grinning): "Tae! You're back! This is amazing!"

They shared a warm embrace, the camaraderie between them a testament to their enduring friendship.

Taehyung (smiling): "It feels good to be back. Missed this place."

J-Hope (playfully): "Well, you're just in time. I was starting to think I had to run the whole show myself."

Taehyung chuckled, then his eyes fell on his familiar office chair. Surprised, he noticed that J-Hope hadn't taken the seat in his absence.

Taehyung: "Why haven't you been using my chair? You were practically the boss while I was away."

J-Hope (with a twinkle in his eye): "Only the king has the right to sit on that seat, and that's you."

Taehyung, touched by the gesture, took his rightful place in the chair.

Taehyung: "Thanks, Hobi. Let's get back to work."

As they settled into work, Taehyung's curiosity about their friend, Suga and employee Jimin, got the better of him.

Taehyung: "Any news about Suga and Jimin? When are they coming back from abroad?"

J-Hope (checking his phone): "They should be here today. I can't wait to see them too."

Taehyung, inspired by the joy of reunion, had another idea.

Taehyung: "Let's make it even better. And call Mr. Park Seo Joon. Ask him to drop by our office. I have something to discuss with him."

J-Hope: "Did something go wrong?"

Taehyung: "Many things have gone wrong, they need to be fixed."

J-Hope (nodding):  I'll call him right away."

J-Hope dialed Park Seo Joon's number, who is one of South Korea's top police officers and Taehyung's school friend.

---||---