Chapter 8

Taehyung's concern deepened as he pushed the slightly ajar door, revealing an empty living room

Taehyung's concern deepened as he pushed the slightly ajar door, revealing an empty living room. The silence added to the unease, but a glance at the backyard brought a sigh of relief - freshly washed clothes swaying in the breeze on the clothesline.

Taehyung (mumbled to himself): "At least he's been here recently."

Moving cautiously through the house, Taehyung checked each room, finding no sign of Jungkook. The quiet atmosphere added to the mystery, and a sense of worry lingered in the air.

Taehyung called out: "Jungkook? You here?"

No response.

His footsteps echoed through the hall as he continued the search. Taehyung's worry heightened as he approached the corner room, a sense of urgency pushing him to knock on the door. Several unanswered knocks fueled his concern, and he cautiously entered the room.

The sight that greeted him sent a jolt through Taehyung - Jungkook lay on his bed, unconscious

The sight that greeted him sent a jolt through Taehyung - Jungkook lay on his bed, unconscious. Panic surged through him as he rushed to Jungkook's side.

Taehyung: "Jungkook! Wake up!"

He shook Jungkook gently, his voice laced with concern, but there was no response. Taehyung's heart raced as he realized Jungkook's body was burning up.

Taehyung (frantically): "Jungkook, wake up! What happened?"

No response. Taehyung, now fully alarmed, cradled Jungkook in his arms, feeling the heat radiating from his friend's body.

Taehyung: "Come on, Kookie, you've got to wake up."

Desperation crept into Taehyung's voice. The room was filled with an anxious stillness as Jungkook stirred, his eyelashes fluttering open. He blinked in the dim light, struggling to focus. His lips parted as he whispered Taehyung's name, a plea for reassurance. However, his consciousness remained elusive, slipping away like sand through his fingers, and he once again succumbed to the comforting embrace of unconsciousness.